So this made me throw up in my mouth

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Scooter

So this made me throw up in my mouth

Post by Scooter »

A company called Wee1 Tactical has developed a "kid-friendly" version of the AK-15 that will be marketed to preschoolers. Don't you love the logo - a skull and crossbones sucking on a pacifier.

When future historians try to determine how the U.S. will have descended into militaristic barbarism, this atrocity will be pointed to as evidence.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Re: So this made me throw up in my mouth

Post by Joe Guy »

Ya know what they say..... An armed preschooler is a polite preschooler.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Well, I remember an air rifle made by Crosman back in the 1970s or 1980s that fired BBs or .177 caliber pellets and looked just like the military's M-16 (including sling points on the weapon, along with the 'carry handle' at the top) ... and I personally still own and occasionally fire a Daisy model 1894 BB gun — which was marketed as the 'Spittin' Image' of the Winchester model 94 carbine of Wild West cowboy movie fame — so replica weapons are nothing new.

But the skull-and-crossbones images (by the way, did you notice that they are both sucking on binkies?) are, at least in my personal opinion, the epitome of poor taste.

And before you say "well, it's only a .22 caliber weapon" — remember, RFK was killed by Sirhan Sirhan, who was firing a .22 pistol.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

(by the way, did you notice that they are both sucking on binkies?)

I did mention that, but neglected to mention the pigtails with the bows, almost as disgusting.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like it! Though my nephew isn't getting one, he's getting an elderly Marlin single-shot.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:45 am
Well, I remember an air rifle made by Crosman back in the 1970s or 1980s that fired BBs or .177 caliber pellets and looked just like the military's M-16 (including sling points on the weapon, along with the 'carry handle' at the top) ... and I personally still own and occasionally fire a Daisy model 1894 BB gun — which was marketed as the 'Spittin' Image' of the Winchester model 94 carbine of Wild West cowboy movie fame — so replica weapons are nothing new.
I still have my Daisy "Air 17". Break it out and ping cans every now and then. For a single pump air gun (won't say rifle because it's not a rifled barrel) it was pretty good to get dialed in.

As for the gun in the OP, I think I saw one of those on a traffic stop on the "On Patrol Live" show last weekend. Cop went to clear it and it fell apart. Magazine broke, charging handle was wobbly. Of course, no telling what kind of maintenance (if any) had been done on it, so I wouldn't take that as to a commentary on the overall reliability. What I think it does say about it is that making a less expensive, lighter "AR" style rifle makes it easier to get into the hands of guys like the owner of this one. It may be targeted at kids (unfortunate pun intended) but this guy was clearly not a child. Of course he also had a glock with a 50 round radial magazine in it. Pretty sure that guy got a set of bracelets and left in a squad car.
Last edited by eddieq on Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’ve been buying lottery tickets lately and making my plans to escape to the Hebrides. This country is mental about guns and I do not see any substantive change in that culture on the horizon in my lifetime.

I’ve been getting more anxious by the day as the run up to school openings begins. It’s been relatively quiet in recent weeks but only a matter of time before the schoolyard bloodshed recommences.

Living in the USA now, waiting for the next horrific mass shooting is very much akin to living in a home with a domestic abuser - walking on eggshells waiting for the next explosion of violence. We are all living under the coercive control of the gun industry lobby, the ammosexuals, and the utterly spineless politicians we elect.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

If you give up your citizenship, I will contribute to your move. Yes, I'm serious.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:45 pm
If you give up your citizenship, I will contribute to your move. Yes, I'm serious.
I won’t need your contributions because I will have won the lottery, dope.

And no, I am not giving up my birthright citizenship. My family spent 420 years building this country and contributing to it. I have spent many years in public service to my fellow citizens and in the process destroyed my health. If I want to live away from this epidemic of gun violence I have the right to choose that and no obligation to give up my citizenship or my vote.

What a fucked up thing to have a hard on over, trying to expel anyone from the country who doesn’t share your toxic vision. But then that is what MAGA is ultimately all about, isn’t it.

I promise to buy a home in New Hampshire and establish residency and register to vote there before I relocate to my cottage in the Hebrides. I promise I’ll vote in every election, and as liberal as possible. :fu
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

But....HUNTER BIDEN!!!!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

403 years, not 420 years. It was obviously on my subconscious mind that it was nearly time to pack a fresh bowl.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:11 pm
403 years, not 420 years. It was obviously on my subconscious mind that it was nearly time to pack a fresh bowl.
(does a little fast math in my head...)
So you're claiming you're descended from one or more of those religious fanatics who fled England in 1620, came to Plymouth Rock, and were the forerunners of every good thing that has happened in this country since then?
(and conversely, every bad thing — like trading in slaves, witch hangings, theft of land from and the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, and the famous New England 'blue laws' — as well)

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see some proof.

Go ahead, sweet cheeks.   Blaze another J, why don't you?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

The company has decided to drop the pacifiers for now, according to Rachel Maddow(?). I am a gun and ammo enthusiast. Living in California doesn't make that easy because what I enjoyed was the Desert Eagle .50, Uzi 9mm, CAR4 .223, Benelli 12g, MP5 .40. So you go to Nevada. If we required safety courses people wouldn't do dumb things. nevermind, that was a dumb thing to say. I understand the anxiousness and anxiety lately. The media has a wonderful way of fear mongering. I watch the gun politics every day with there retarded arguments. If you want to ban something, know what the fuck it is. The ATF just wanted into the gun stores records and now they are using the IRS to do so. That is what makes me walk on egg shells,

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

BSG, thanks for the mention of the Hebrides. I have been fantasizing about moving to Michigan UP (the part than nobody knows is Michigan, except for the Youpers) as a reaction to global warming and water shortages. The Hebrides are an interesting alternative.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The UP is very pretty, but plenty of guns and MAGAts there, sadly - plus a lot of militia activity.

I have no idea what the people are like in the Hebrides. It’s rural so I’m sure it is all the typical rural attitudes. My plan anyway is to hang out with my border collie and some sheep, and to largely be a hermit. But you’d be very welcome to visit my cottage, snailgate.

If you have interest in the Hebrides I highly recommend Peter May’s photography book on the islands - I’ve just borrowed it from my library for the second time. His novels set in the islands are very good, too.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

The UP is like any other part of the US long history mining and the aftermath of company towns that makes things a little more favored to the left than usual. SE Michigan (downriver) seems to be the major hotbed of militia activity Houghton and Marquette are pretty left leaning. The rest of the UP is Right leaning mostly in so far as the population is so spread it as leftist politics just don’t work as well. (Sparse out and thinly populated is economically untenable economically) The biggest issue with the UP is there just isn’t much industry to support the population. There is a lot of poverty and the fed parity between the haves and have nots is huge. You can get cheap property when you get outside of driving distance from southern Michigan but you will also be dealing with a lifestyle that is far different than what most are accustomed to. Out of Sheer beauty I would love to move to the Keewenaw Peninsula but the simple fact that even the 24 hour convenience store/ gas station is a rarity there makes
Me realize I wouldn’t last. Perhaps if I were to become wealthy enough to afford a vacation home maybe (especially with the snow in winter)
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I loved the Keewenaw Peninsula, very pretty up there. But yes when I visited it reminded me very much of northern western and downeast Maine, achingly beautiful and so damned hard to make a life there absent independent wealth and a high tolerance for isolation.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:20 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:45 pm
I won’t need your contributions because I will have won the lottery, dope.

And no, I am not giving up my birthright citizenship. My family spent 420 years building this country and contributing to it. I have spent many years in public service to my fellow citizens and in the process destroyed my health. If I want to live away from this epidemic of gun violence I have the right to choose that and no obligation to give up my citizenship or my vote.

What a fucked up thing to have a hard on over, trying to expel anyone from the country who doesn’t share your toxic vision. But then that is what MAGA is ultimately all about, isn’t it.

I promise to buy a home in New Hampshire and establish residency and register to vote there before I relocate to my cottage in the Hebrides. I promise I’ll vote in every election, and as liberal as possible. :fu
Expel? OK, you need to calm down. Nobody is trying to expel you. You have stated (repeatedly) that you WANT to leave. The only ones I want to "expel" are illegal aliens.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:02 pm

Expel? OK, you need to calm down. Nobody is trying to expel you. You have stated (repeatedly) that you WANT to leave. The only ones I want to "expel" are illegal aliens.
You offered me a bribe to induce me to surrender my citizenship.

As if Americans aren’t free to travel and live outside the country while maintaining all the rights, privileges and burdens of their American citizenship.

Seriously your love it or leave it crap is tiresome.I love it, I want to keep working to improve it, but hell yes if I had the means to experience living abroad and away from our particular brand of political dysfunction and the constant threat of gun violence everywhere outside one’s own home - and for some even there - I would definitely choose to have that experience for a while. And I would maintain my citizenship, pay my taxes and continue to bitch and vote. In New Hampshire. As a transplanted liberal from Massachusetts, the favorite invasive species in NH.
~ Carl Sagan

rubato

Post by rubato »

Gosh that is a nice image. Yet I so rare do it. Next time you want to throw up just expell it completely.

Life is harder for stupid people. So much harder.