Outrage in Kansas

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Outrage in Kansas

Post by BoSoxGal »

I am infuriated by this incident. I want the lawyers involved to be sanctioned if not disbarred.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/us/kansa ... index.html
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Re: Outrage in Kansas

Post by Jarlaxle »

Everyone involved should hang. Lawyers, judges, cops-string them up from trees and leave them for a couple days.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Well this story made page one of section B in the New York Times today. The last times Marion Kansas was mentioned in the Times was in March '22 and Jan '21 about their Covid case numbers. I could not find anything else about Marion, Kansas in the Times. Now it is national news in the tv broadcast network news, the big newspapers around the nation and NPR news reports.

The story is a hot item. This is the stuff that makes newspapers. A local authority challenges the papers right to print what they want. The very controversy sells more papers. This one is national news because Kansas is an incubation field for the wild ideas that nourishes the worst of the GOP party. It was not that long ago that the big story was the way the majority of Kansas voters proved conservative famers are not necessarily automatic
supporters of total abortion bans. Maybe there is yet hope for 'What's the Matter with Kansas? "

This is a fight between a small town good ole boys network and an outsider who takes on saving the local weekly newspaper as a personal mission.
Very local, but it has national appeal and may be' non-political' enuff to get actual cognitive consideration by the community, instead of the expected lower brain reflex of Trumpers vs Lieberals

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There is a new story breaking in Daily Mail that asserts the paper was working on a story about accusations of sexual misconduct by the police chief who led the raid of their home(s) and office. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nduct.html

Not one bit surprised. For a moment I considered it was just a colossal cockup, but of course it’s revenge harassment. I’m having not so fond memories of the last sheriff and undersheriff and deputy sheriff I worked with in Mayberry-on-Crack, Montana.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

rubato

Post by rubato »

Jason Andean needs a new verse for his song.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -died.html
Eric Meyer's mother Joan, 98, collapsed and died 'mid-sentence' after refusing to eat due to being in complete shock over the raid.

Before Joan died, she told The Wichita Eagle about the raids: 'These are Hitler tactics, and something has to be done.'

The next day at around 1:30pm, Eric Meyer woke his mother to offer her breakfast - but she said she couldn't stomach it.

Eric said: 'Right in the middle of the sentence she died.

'I am perturbed — I carefully chose that word — as all get out about them raiding our office, but what bothers me most is a 98-year-old woman spent her last day on earth feeling under attack by bullies who invaded her house.'
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Oops! They screwed up. Too bad Joan’s still dead.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-returned

Gotta love how the magistrate who signed off on this train wreck is a mad drunk who drives into buildings.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Gotta love how, out of the OP and seven responses, the same person is responsible for five of them.   I don't think I've seen anything like this since the days of wesw.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?