Drug awareness training

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Drug awareness training

Post by liberty »

I imagine by now that you have heard of the death of a child and harm to several others at a New York City childcare from a drug overdose. It seems the owner and her husband were running a drug operation out of the building. Since they are people of color, this is likely a racist conspiracy to frame two minority individuals. The owner and her husband have been charged with murder, but are they really guilty? The people who are guilty are all those liberals who oppose sealing the border and keeping drugs out of the country. You will say the border can't be sealed, but it can be. And there are even ways we can allow in only the things we want, but in your opinion that is not the answer; the answer is drug awareness training to teach children to use drugs safely at a younger age.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Re: Drug awareness training

Post by Scooter »

Please explain how an international border can be "sealed" without tanking the economy (in case you don't remember that is what happened the last time it was done).

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

Please provide a word-for-word quotation from anyone who has stated that incidents like this one could have been prevented by "drug awareness training to teach children to use drugs safely at a younger age".

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The people who are guilty are all those liberals who oppose sealing the border and keeping drugs out of the country.
Nah, the violence is caused by those orchestrating the so-called "war on drugs"--and I don't think that is the "liberals" (whatever they are). We could give drugs away on street corners to all who want them and stop all the violence. I can't think of the last time since prohibition ended that mobs shot up bars; the same would happen with the drug lords when the profit is out of the system. No need then to seal the border or employ so many tactical police, and the savings could be directed to paying for effective programs to help those who want to get off the drugs. Not a perfect solution, but you could end the violence literally overnight. And no need to seal the border of a democratic (small d) and free country.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:33 am
The people who are guilty are all those liberals who oppose sealing the border and keeping drugs out of the country.
Nah, the violence is caused by those orchestrating the so-called "war on drugs"--and I don't think that is the "liberals" (whatever they are). We could give drugs away on street corners to all who want them and stop all the violence. I can't think of the last time since prohibition ended that mobs shot up bars; the same would happen with the drug lords when the profit is out of the system. No need then to seal the border or employ so many tactical police, and the savings could be directed to paying for effective programs to help those who want to get off the drugs. Not a perfect solution, but you could end the violence literally overnight. And no need to seal the border of a democratic (small d) and free country.
Would you want your child to be a drug addict? Would opioids or heroin help him get in touch with his inner self? It seems self-evident to me that what is encouraged you get more of, and what you discourage you get less of. Don't you think we need less drug dependency? As far as the War on Drugs, I am not a fan of violence, but sometimes it is the only way, or are you ready to send a Jane Fonda to Moscow as the head of a people's peace commission.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:48 am
Please explain how an international border can be "sealed" without tanking the economy (in case you don't remember that is what happened the last time it was done).

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

Please provide a word-for-word quotation from anyone who has stated that incidents like this one could have been prevented by "drug awareness training to teach children to use drugs safely at a younger age".

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

Still waiting.

Didn't think so.

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Sure Lib, turnign the US into an armed cam in the name of worry about drug addiction is the "only" way. Even if it wouldn't work, my plan at least assures we won't be an armed camp, and directing money towards treatment makes a lot more sense IMHO.

And bringing up Jane Fonda and Russia--what the hell dos that have to do with the WOD, or US domestic policy, or anything that exists in the world? Jane Fonda? You're losing your grip on reality.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:21 pm
Sure Lib, turnign the US into an armed cam in the name of worry about drug addiction is the "only" way. Even if it wouldn't work, my plan at least assures we won't be an armed camp, and directing money towards treatment makes a lot more sense IMHO.

And bringing up Jane Fonda and Russia--what the hell dos that have to do with the WOD, or US domestic policy, or anything that exists in the world? Jane Fonda? You're losing your grip on reality.

"You're losing your grip on reality."

In response to that and to be true to my scientific principles, I consider myself to be both a scientist and a Christian not a Christian scientist as is Meade; I can only say I don't know. How can a man judge his own mental stability? The same device he uses for the evaluation is the same organ that could be defective. I know you did not propose it as a question, but that is how I chose to respond.

"And bringing up Jane Fonda and Russia--what the hell dos that have to do with the WOD, or US domestic policy, or anything that exists in the world"?

If you are so opposed to violence, surely you want to end the suffering in Ukraine as soon as possible. The best way to do that would be to damage the morale of the Ukrainian people and the willingness of the US to pay the bills. A good start would be to send a peace delegation headed by a Jane Fonda type to Moscow to plead for peace. That would show the Ukrainians that their struggle is hopeless, and their lives are being wasted by American imperialist.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Scooter wrote:

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

Still waiting

Didn't think so.

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Well, you gotta remember the "opium wars" that western powers used against the traditional Chinese society Destructive drug use can me a tool of international relations.

Drugs seem to be a problem in every society. Mushrooms, betel leaf, hemp, poppies, corn squeezing. If there was no buyer for this stuff, it would not be coming across the border. Crystal meth seems to be a home grown product that needs nothing beyond our borders and locally, only a place were the air pollution will not be noticeable. In my home town, the constant stink of a local oil refinery made it ideal to become the meth production center of the midwest USA.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Humans are the pinnacle of primate evolution or so we think, smarter and better than everything around us or so we think, living in a society that is in many ways the cesspool of what we are capable of imagining and creating and yet we continue to choose this cesspool that grinds souls down to a nub of despair and so of course, all the drugs. As often as possible.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

Burning Petard wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:59 pm
Well, you gotta remember the "opium wars" that western powers used against the traditional Chinese society Destructive drug use can me a tool of international relations.

Drugs seem to be a problem in every society. Mushrooms, betel leaf, hemp, poppies, corn squeezing. If there was no buyer for this stuff, it would not be coming across the border. Crystal meth seems to be a home grown product that needs nothing beyond our borders and locally, only a place were the air pollution will not be noticeable. In my home town, the constant stink of a local oil refinery made it ideal to become the meth production center of the midwest USA.

snailgate
I remember the Opium War from history and the aftermath and the Chinese solution to the problem that worked.

Sometimes I think the Chinese might be getting a little belated revenge.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

liberty wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:10 am

Would you want your child to be a drug addict? Would opioids or heroin help him get in touch with his inner self? It seems self-evident to me that what is encouraged you get more of, and what you discourage you get less of. Don't you think we need less drug dependency? As far as the War on Drugs, I am not a fan of violence, but sometimes it is the only way, or are you ready to send a Jane Fonda to Moscow as the head of a people's peace commission.
That is...ludicrous.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:34 am
liberty wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:10 am

That is...ludicrous.
I hope so, that was the intent. However, I am not sure that some people don't see drug addiction as no big deal.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Scooter wrote:

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

Didn't think so.

Still waiting

Didn't think so

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:07 pm
Humans are the pinnacle of primate evolution or so we think, smarter and better than everything around us or so we think, living in a society that is in many ways the cesspool of what we are capable of imagining and creating and yet we continue to choose this cesspool that grinds souls down to a nub of despair and so of course, all the drugs. As often as possible.
Sounds like someone who admits that life can at times be a shit sandwich, has given up on trying to play the best hand they can with the cards they were dealt— or improve things any, and figures that they might as well be stoned as often as possible to take their minds off of it.
I find it even more concerning that it is BSG that says this, considering the noble and notable career she claims to have had.   One would expect better, clearer thinking from someone like that instead of seeking solace at the bottom of a bag of Delta-9 gummies.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

If you are so opposed to violence, surely you want to end the suffering in Ukraine as soon as possible. The best way to do that would be to damage the morale of the Ukrainian people and the willingness of the US to pay the bills. A good start would be to send a peace delegation headed by a Jane Fonda type to Moscow to plead for peace. That would show the Ukrainians that their struggle is hopeless, and their lives are being wasted by American imperialist.
Jane Fonda again; I thought we were discussing the WOD, but you insist bringing up Jane Fonda and propose her an an emissary of peace. Looks like there's no point in continuing the discussion.

And for those who are participating in the discussion in earnest, I agree drigs are a problem, and indeed a scourge, on society and I don't take it lightly. However, so long as the profit potential is high, many will take advantage of the demand and continue to bring the drugs to those who need/want them. As I see, there are two ways to handle this--follow Lib's proposal impose some sort of martial law and crack down hard to strangle off the supply (a plan destined to failure as history has shown again and again), or attack the demand and provide treatment to addicts (and maybe even addressing the circumstances that lead to this addiction as BSG and others have noted). It's far easier to strike out and yell kill 'em and strangle the beast by cracking down, but it will fail. It's much harder to try dealing with a medical problem with medical means and compassion. But drugs are big business, and too many (including those who purport to decry drug use) are making too much on the drug trade and the WOD to move toward compassion.

FWIW, I don't take drug addiction lightly, and I have sen first hand the devastation is brings to families. But I have also seen the power for good rehab and how many addicts, including those who became addicted because of the idiotic medical/pharma establishment pushing opiates/opioids (talk about a direct line to heroin addiction when the prescriptions run out), did the hard work and turned their lives around. Telling people "Just say no", even when the supply is being strangled off (or guns are pointed at them for that matter), does not work, but it could wreck what the USA is even further..

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

In the spirit of lib, it's silly to speak of warfare against drug suppliers. The supply can never be curtailed. It is more practical to shoot all the drug-users - the compassionate now-you-don't-have-to-live-with-the-shame-and-pain approach. Expeditious and efficacious. How about it lib???
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:00 pm
In the spirit of lib, it's silly to speak of warfare against drug suppliers. The supply can never be curtailed. It is more practical to shoot all the drug-users - the compassionate now-you-don't-have-to-live-with-the-shame-and-pain approach. Expeditious and efficacious. How about it lib???
I think the only real solution is to eliminate black people. They seem to be the root of all problems in libland.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:59 pm
As I see, there are two ways to handle this--follow Lib's proposal impose some sort of martial law and crack down hard to strangle off the supply (a plan destined to failure as history has shown again and again), or attack the demand and provide treatment to addicts (and maybe even addressing the circumstances that lead to this addiction as BSG and others have noted).
The third way...?
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:00 pm
It is more practical to shoot all the drug-users - the compassionate now-you-don't-have-to-live-with-the-shame-and-pain approach. Expeditious and efficacious.
Meade, are you channelling Jarlaxle?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

What about letting the vast majority of adults who can use drugs responsibly use them responsibly, and instead of pouring billions yearly into the war on drugs, have a war on drug addiction? That’s estimated at 25% of drug users and 20% of alcohol users. Sure it’s a big issue - but it has been for generations and it is not going away while we chase our tails to try to stop the flow of drugs and alcohol, which also has been with us for millennia- look at Rome and the vomitoriums! Humans are inclined to hedonism and addiction follows in about a quarter of them. Treat the addiction and ditch all the punitive measures which clearly are not a deterrent.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan