What a load of bull shit

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Re: What a load of bull shit

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:16 am
Is there any indication that the book is required reading in children's history classes at British schools?
No there is no such indication, but it still pollutes the historical knowledge base of the British people. It is as bad the black actress who played Anne Boleyn or the black actor who played Othello for that matter. If it’s wrong, it’s wrong and there’s no way to justify it. As far as a black actress playing a white character like Anne Boleyn, I have nothing against it as long as the actress would attempt to look like the character. She played Anne Boleyn as a black character. All she had to do to portray her correctly was to straighten and dye her hair and wear white makeup to look something like Henry eighth’s second wife. But she wanted to make Anne Boleyn Black for what reason I don’t know. It’s as though they wanted to rewrite history. It’s hard enough to know and understand the past without people intentionally producing historical pollution.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I have great sympathy for Mr. Liberty. He excludes himself from so many enjoyments of life. I remember a performance of Richard the Third by Shakespeare that I saw many years ago at the University of Delaware. The king was played by a female that looked very asiatic and her name in the program began Ngo. . . Her costume included something under her outer jacket that indicated a deformed back and one arm did not move normally. She wore nothing to disguise her face or femaleness.

After less than five minutes on stage I was watching the English king, not some asiatic girl. I liked the presentation of that play very much. I was glad I saw it, for the entirety of the experience. Bill Shakespeare (no mater who he might have been personally) is credited with some great plays that can be really great theater entertainment. I have seen no Broadway comedy that made me laugh as much as Midsummers Night Dream.

snailgate.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And of course, when Shakespeare's plays were first staged, all of the women's parts were played by men or boys. Somehow the audiences managed to suspend their disbelief enough to see his genius. Was that also "historical pollution"?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

all of the women's parts were played by men or boys
What, all of them? Even the elbows and the knees?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts