I'm rich!!!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Scooter

I'm rich!!!

Post by Scooter »

Warren Buffett wants to give me some of his money.
Warren Buffett Foundation
Kiewit Plaza Omaha,
Nebraska united states

Attn: Recipient of the donation

This one is from Warren Edward Buffet, a noted philanthropist, who has pledged to donate 99% of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He founded the endowment foundation in 2006 with Bill Gates, whereby billionaires pledge to donate at least half of their fortunes.

Upon receiving this email, you must count yourself as one of the lucky ones whose email address was among those chosen online while randomly searching for those who will receive the sum of ($4.8 million dollars). To learn more about this Giving Pledge, please see the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge

Please contact the Pledge Giving department with your full name and
reference number below: TD92099692 for your claim:

Contact Person Mrs. Jane Fraser Chief Executive Managing Director
Buffett Foundation of the Legal Representative
For more information contact below email (citibankonlinetransfer8@gmail.com)

Please, you have to do your part to help other people when you have the money in your personal account as this is the only purpose of donating these funds to you.

Signed by
Warren Edward Buffet
business tycoon,
investor and philanthropist
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Re: I'm rich!!!

Post by BoSoxGal »

Okay, please do your part to help other people by buying me a slightly newer used car. :D
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:20 pm
Okay, please do your part to help other people by buying me a slightly newer used car. :D
Hey, there's nothing wrong with your RAV! 8-)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BSG, I followed up on a similar email a few days back. I already have $1.5 million! It really works!

In consideration of your greater need, I'd be happy to transfer 60% of that to you. Just tell me your bank information, c.card number(s) with the security code and your PIN.

65% if you respond positively within 4 hours.

Don't be left out! Warren wants you to be happy
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:42 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Hey, there's nothing wrong with your RAV! 8-)
You know I was just running an errand in Reva and was thinking about how I need to get a Powerball ticket and how if I win I want to get Reva restored like cars you see on Barrett Jackson but instead a like new ‘99 RAV and I’ll keep driving her until her engine croaks.

But I should invest in something that gets better than 21mpg on gasoline and oil, I suppose. For the environment.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:50 pm
BSG, I followed up on a similar email a few days back. I already have $1.5 million! It really works!

In consideration of your greater need, I'd be happy to transfer 60% of that to you. Just tell me your bank information, c.card number(s) with the security code and your PIN.

65% if you respond positively within 4 hours.

Don't be left out! Warren wants you to be happy
:fu :lol:
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Ha ha!! I took reference # TD92099692 and cashed it in and I'm now I'm the one who is rich.

That'll teach you. Don't not believe all the emails you receive. Especially when you get one from Warren Buffet.

Pardon me while I go spend a whole bunch of money and not share it....

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Hey BSG, I think it is wonderful that you are gonna use that obscene payoff from the Powerball drawing tonite to get Reva a make-over to re-create the factory new state of your faithful people mover.

But one question? What you gonna drive while Reva is in the shop for 2-3 years for this museum quality overhaul?

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Burning Petard wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:32 pm
Hey BSG, I think it is wonderful that you are gonna use that obscene payoff from the Powerball drawing tonite to get Reva a make-over to re-create the factory new state of your faithful people mover.

But one question? What you gonna drive while Reva is in the shop for 2-3 years for this museum quality overhaul?

snailgate
If it’s for driving around eastern Massachusetts I think I might invest in an M1 Abrams - driving here is insane and scary and I am always worried I’ll die in a fiery crash on 24 or 93 or 495.

If I become a billionaire I think I will just live at the beach and pay folks to bring me stuff.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Am I the only one who is noticing, among all the other flaws and dead give-aways that this thing is as bogus as a four-dollar bill, the two different spellings of 'Buffett'?

The letter uses "Buffett" with two 'T's when talking about the Foundation, but the founder and signatory's name is spelled "Buffet" with only one.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

rubato

Post by rubato »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Whut! And rob you of the great character-building experiences of overcoming adversity, solving problems demonstrating equanimity in the face of hardship. I would never take such experiences from you.

Yrs,
Rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

The main advantage of having money is that you no longer have to think about money. And that really is lovely.

Yrs,
Rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's true for some, but for many others, the more you get, the more you think about how to make more and worry how to keep it. Wealth can be a pleasant diversion, or it can be an indidious trap.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:58 pm
That's true for some, but for many others, the more you get, the more you think about how to make more and worry how to keep it. Wealth can be a pleasant diversion, or it can be an indidious trap.
Well, I'm willing to risk it....   :lol:
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Be my guest BB; money is not the answer to everything--but then poverty is not either. One need only look at the sad lives of many people who were suddenly rich (like lottery winners) to see the strains money can place on many. And while it is not universal, wealth, especially dynastic wealth, produces some of the biggest jerks we have ever seen (look at Trump, e.g.--you really have to screw your tradesmen out of the fees they are due?). sure there are some well adjusted rich and poor people, but significant wealth often appears to warp those who possess.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6:10
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

One interesting thing I have found is that those with money are usually more likely to try and cheat you than those without. When I had my own office, it was in a working class/poorer town and many of my clients were living paycheck to paycheck or were in want of money (while others were not). I recall representing a young (around 15) man on a juvenile matter and his mother was responsible for the fee (which was pretty reasonable)--I gave her a payment plan and could guarantee she was there every month to make the payment for the 15 months I financed it for--most of my other poorer clients were the same way'. I'm sure making the payments wasn't easy, but they knew what it is like to be without money and valued the opportunity I gave them. By comparison, I recall a much more wealthy client I represented on a DUI matter; he paid the retainer upfront, but then reneged on the payments (I was almost 100% sure he could have paid the entire amount right away, but I was willing to take payments--I eventually had to garnish his salary to get my money. An anecdotal observation to be sure, but one I saw several times.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I seem to recall (but correction is no doubt coming) a survey which concluded that "enough money" seemed to be about 10-15% "more than I'm making now"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

‘Joe Heller’

True story, Word of Honor:
Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer,
now dead,
and I were at a party given by a billionaire
on Shelter Island.
I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel
to know that our host only yesterday
may have made more money
than your novel ‘Catch-22’
has earned in its entire history?”
And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.”
And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?”
And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.”
Not bad! Rest in peace!

— Kurt Vonnegut
The New Yorker, May 16th, 2005
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Here some people who apparently wouldn't mind sharing their own fortunes with strangers on the internet:

SSN.jpg
SSN.jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 305 times
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God