I can’t even

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

I can’t even

Post by BoSoxGal »

Mass shooting in Lewiston Maine.

Another angry man who didn’t need to have access to an assault style firearm capable of taking out dozens in a matter of seconds.

I hope he has offed himself already.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: I can’t even

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Seems strange that the government can ban things like lawn darts, chlorofluorocarbons, lead in gasoline, and even certain food dyes in candy merely through the action of agencies like the CPSC and the FDA — but no agency, not even Congress itself, will do anything to ban large-capacity, quasi-military semi-automatic weapons.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lewiston shooter found dead in Maine.   The reports so far are saying that his body was found at the recycling center at which he'd worked some time in the past, and that it was from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.   No links, because it'll be all over the newsfeeds all weekend — unless there's another incident which crowds it out of the headlines, or DJT croaks from a fit of apoplexy.

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the second one.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Correction, Mr. LaPierre:

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good suicidal guy with a gun.

BTW, My oldest daughter is a teacher in an elementary school in Maine less than 40 miles from the location of the shootings.

(She got an extra, unscheduled, day off, so...*YAY* :shrug :-? :cry: I guess?)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

That's idiotic.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

No it isn't. It's satire
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

You must be a mind reader now!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Why, thank you! Is that what it is?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

You're a regular Nostradumbass.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Thank you Jaraxle. I like that word 'Nostradumbass' I have never run across it before. Me, I would certainly apply it to Wayne LaPierre.

snailgate

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Wayne LaPierre is a snake.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol: :lol:
Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:28 pm
You're a regular Nostradumbass.