Goodwill on Earth - not Floriduh

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Goodwill on Earth - not Floriduh

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Two teenage brothers have been arrested after their sister was shot and died during a row over Christmas presents.

Abrielle Baldwin, 23, was shot in the chest by one brother while she had her 10-month-old son in a carrier, the Florida sheriff's office said. The brother was then shot by their other sibling, who pulled his own gun, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said. It added that the shooting followed an argument over who was getting more presents.

Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told reporters the older teenager, who is 15, ran from the scene and tossed his gun away. The younger brother, a 14-year-old, was taken to hospital in a stable condition and will be taken into custody when he is released, police said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67825635
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Re: Goodwill on Earth - not Floriduh

Post by Burning Petard »

I have no desire to retire in Florida. "Florida Man" has become shorthand for everything wrong with America. Maybe unfair. But life is not fair.

snailgate.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

But...  but...  but...  I thought an armed society was supposed to be a polite society!!
At least that's what the NRA and the other ammosexuals have been telling us.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Christmas is for the kids
Christmas custody exchange ends with mom shooting dad in front of 5 kids, Florida cops say
By Irene Wright
December 26, 2023 2:51 PM

A 38-year-old mother is accused of shooting the father of one of her children, and shooting and killing a woman with him during a custody exchange on Christmas Day, Florida deputies said.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... rylink=cpy
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/3-dea ... oenix-home
Man kills girlfriend and her 80 something mother, then himself - orphaning his two children whose mother died just a couple of years ago.

https://www.kmbc.com/amp/article/man-ch ... y/46236174
Young man shoots and kills father after father introduced a gun to the setting and threatened other family members.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/news/c ... 5f5d091fe0
Man shoots and kills wife then kills self, leaving their three kids orphaned.

https://www.dupagecounty.gov/news_detail_T2_R1103.php
One angry brother shoots other angry brother to death for no good reason.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/french-man ... christmas/
Man murders wife and four children after a previous serious attack for which she refused to press charges.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/202 ... death-toll
Domestic violence everywhere!

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/cr ... as-morning
Young father murders the mother of his two kids in front of the home where they are being babysat by grandpa.

“Domestic violence advocates are warning of a possible uptick in violence around the holidays. “On average domestic violence increases about 20 percent during the holidays,” Laura Berry, the Executive Director of the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence said.””

It’s not a Florida thing. It’s not an America thing. It’s a human condition thing - mostly driven by testosterone, but sometimes the fairer sex participates, too.
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I remain entirely disgusted by this country's insanity concerning guns.
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:19 pm
It’s not a Florida thing.
Quite so, but I didn't want this thread to be depressing.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Here's a picture of Abrielle Baldwin, the 23-year-old sister that was shot.
Remember — she was shot dead by her brother, who was in turn shot by HIS brother.

Draw your own conclusions about a specific race of people.  I know what mine are — these people are like snakes, skunks, bears in the wild, or Trump supporters.  They can be admired (snakes especially have a mesmerizing beauty about them, the interactions of a mother bear and her cubs can be heart-warming, and the cubs themselves can be as cute as hell), they have a purpose, but keep your distance because they can become dangerous and deadly.   And if that makes me racist, then so be it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Sue U wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:24 pm
I remain entirely disgusted by this country's insanity concerning guns.
It is against the law for kids to have guns, but they have them. Why do they have them; do they need the guns to fight off the KKK? You know the Klan out there trying to kill them every day. It's not unusual for kids in the gangster culture to have guns and you tell me there's nothing wrong with that culture.

What would be wrong with Stop and frisk?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:51 am
And if that makes me racist, then so be it.
Yes, it does in fact make you a racist, and if you are satisfied with being a racist don't get your panties in a twist when you're called out for being a racist, you racist.
liberty wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:17 am
It is against the law for kids to have guns, but they have them. Why do they have them;
You may not have the mental capacity to understand this, but I'll keep saying it anyway in the simplest terms possible: TOO MANY GUNS TOO READILY AVAILABLE TO TOO MANY PEOPLE. If you put 400 million guns into a population of 331 million, a substantial percentage will inevitably "leak" into illegal possession and use.
liberty wrote:
do they need the guns to fight off the KKK? You know the Klan out there trying to kill them every day.
Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Eric Garner, George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, Philandro Castille, Tops Supermarket Buffalo, the Dollar General in Jacksonville and this short list (not a short list) from the US Department of Justice, but please do go on.
liberty wrote:
It's not unusual for kids in the gangster culture to have guns and you tell me there's nothing wrong with that culture.
The "gangster culture" is American culture, from the 19th Century gangs of New York (there was a fairly recent film of the same name), to the gangs of the Old West to the 20th Century mobsters to "street gangs" today. And yes there is plenty wrong with that "culture," especially the fact that it relies on guns and casual violence in committing crimes, please point out ANY time I have EVER said anything to the contrary. Oh, wait, you mean BLACK people! Asshole.
liberty wrote:
What would be wrong with Stop and frisk?
It violates the 4th Amendment of the Constitution, is generally implemented in a racist manner and is often a pretext for police thuggery and harassment, but other than that ...
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

well....

stop and frisk is obviously unconstitutional....

but...., since when did you care about the constitution?

a fair weather friend of the constitution is no friend at all

liberty doesn t strike me as being the brightest bulb on the tree

what is your excuse?

you are a snake, imho

and the rest of you lawyers gloating about directed verdicts, without trials?

well, i ve said enough

yes big RR, i am talking about you

i don t like guliani either, but jeez , man...

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

wesw wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:37 pm
liberty doesn't strike me as being the brightest bulb on the tree
And Sue keeps switching off even that dim glow

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:06 pm
wesw wrote:
liberty doesn't strike me as being the brightest bulb on the tree
And Sue keeps switching off even that dim glow
Usually I don't even bother, but he addressed me directly, so common courtesy required a response.
wesw wrote:
well....

stop and frisk is obviously unconstitutional....

but...., since when did you care about the constitution?

a fair weather friend of the constitution is no friend at all
As an officer of the court I actually took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, and it is an integral part of my practice, so you can fuck right off.
wesw wrote:
you are a snake, imho

God, you are an ignoramus. A directed verdict comes *after" a trial, if one side or the other has not presented sufficient evidence to contest a fact in issue, or admits to the fact(s) alleged, so there's no question of fact to go to a jury.
wesw wrote:
well, i ve said enough
And that was before you started typing.
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

summary judgment was what i meant.

thank you for correcting me.

well, oathbreaking is a common thing.

cops take oaths as well, you certainly would agree, i think, that many policemen disregard their oaths as a matter of course.

you have zero valid arguements, just insults, which, in fairness, i started.

nah nah a boo boo, stick your head in doo doo

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

well, i ve said enough

yes big RR, i am talking about you
Well Sue explained quite completely how directed verdicts are arrived it, but since it was directed at me, I figured I'd point that part of her post out. As for "talking about" me, feel free to talk among yourself.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This was top headline when I checked the local news just now. https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/ ... hp_primary

I wonder what color this family was, before the monster testosterone soaked annihilator wiped them out?

The overwhelming common factor in almost all cases of despicable family violence is testosterone.

There’s a story in the news this week about a woman who sliced off her husband’s penis and flushed it down the toilet after she learned he’d been raping her 15 year old niece. Whose fault was that violence, really?

I’m not sure what color they were but I don’t think it is at all a relevant factor.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:42 pm
The overwhelming common factor in almost all cases of despicable family violence is testosterone.
Our resident misandrist weighs in.  She reminds me of the feminists who claimed all men are potential rapists because they have penises.
-"BB"-

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

wesw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm
summary judgment was what i meant.

thank you for correcting me.
Summary judgment is essentially the same thing as a directed verdict, just earlier in the process. Before going through the expense and hassle of a trial to determine the facts in a case, either side can move for judgment on any or all issues or claims as to which there is no material fact in dispute. At that point, the party to whom the motion is directed has to put up or shut up, showing the court enough evidence to demonstrate there is a genuine dispute over a material fact that requires a jury's (or the court's, if a bench trial) determination.
wesw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm
well, oathbreaking is a common thing.

cops take oaths as well, you certainly would agree, i think, that many policemen disregard their oaths as a matter of course.

you have zero valid arguements, just insults, which, in fairness, i started.
Oath-breaking may or may not be "common," but not for me, and as for "zero valid arguements" [sic], you are the one who falsely and baselessly accused me of being "a snake" and having no care for the Constitution. You know literally nothing about it and yet in your abject ignorance you choose to gratuitously insult me. You, however, have proven yourself to be a hypocritical troll; I have the receipts.

This you, sport?
wesw wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:31 pm
is it still possible to have an insult free reasonable debate, in this day and age and in this forum, with people with whom you disagree?

i don t think so but i am willing to try.
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

alright sue, i apreciate (sp) the reasonble debate that you offer in your previous post, and i will try to remember to get back to this thread, but at the moment i am not quite sober and i wish to to respect you with a sober arguement. or arguements, as the case may be.

i will however sarcastically thank you , now, for your elementary lesson in condescension.

i simply misspoke, or mis-wrote, to be be more accurate and less of an ignoramous

did i spell that wrong? may be.....

aluminium no longer shows up as a misspelling, so it beats me.....

and yes, chief, that was me, and i admitted to throwing the first stone.

don t make a federal case out of it

i should have substituted disingenuos, (sp) or dishonest, or willfully ignorant in place of "snake"

snake just seemed a more efficient use of my keyboard and more representative of my opinion.

wesw

Post by wesw »

RR, i meant summary judgement . i misspoke due to drink.

and your gloating about the guliani verdict really bothered me, as a person who is an optimist.

i don t really care for rudy, but he deserves a trial, as does alex jones and trump, in NY

you , as the voice of reson here, disappointed me.

but i m just a simple fisherman, what do i know?