In more bad news ...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Sue U

In more bad news ...

Post by Sue U »

GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Re: In more bad news ...

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What a breath of fresh air they were, back in the day before they were smothered.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Sue U wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:43 pm
Tommy Smothers dead at 86.

I thought the son of a bitch had disappeared, too bad.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I always enjoyed thee Smothers Brothers and their brand of folk music--outside of the hootenanny type folk of the 60s, but not as extreme ad Dylan (who I also loved). I saw them a few times in concert and on Broadway in I Love my Wife, not to mention their great TV show. Tommy was a great fool to Dick's straight man an could deliver lines almost no one else could. They've been retired for a while now, but I still have DVDs of some of their shows.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The Smothers Brothers show was one of the best shows on TV in the 60s. I've been to their winery in Sonoma County and was lucky enough to see them perform in 2009 here in Redwood City. I was surprised to hear that Tom was 86 yrs old. I thought he was younger.

Too many good people are leaving this life...

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I am glad that Liberty is posting here. He keeps me grounded in reality. [My default position in half empty, but Liberty reminds me that it is possible the glass is half empty, but only temporarily, because the glass is also cracked and leaking.]

snailgate.