Biden is a coward

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Biden is a coward

Post by liberty »

This should be clear to anyone by now: Biden is a coward he’s going to give Putin victory in Ukraine. He’s not willing to make a deal on the border in order to secure funding for Ukraine and on top of that he won’t give Ukraine to long range missiles they need to keep the Russians at a distance. He says if the Republicans don’t provide aid to Ukraine, they will have a lot to pay for; well they’re not the president he is. National Defense of the United States is his number one priority, but he’d rather have large scale uncontrolled immigration into this country than to keep Putin down. If he doesn’t wake up Ukraine is going lose; they are a very tough people but there are no Superman. They have already lost over 200,000 troops that’s almost our entire fighting force. We would have broken a long time ago.

Teach your children Russian; if my grandchildren must have a master, I’d prefer it to be the Russians instead of the Chinese.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Biden is a coward

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Coward?   And how many times has Trumplethinskin participated in debates or with other Republican candidates this election cycle?
(although maybe that's a good thing ... debates are supposed to be an exchange of ideas and viewpoints, and this is a concept that has never once entered the Donald's pea-sized brain).

It doesn't take a whole lot of balls to be an internet Don Rickles, tossing out insults left and right from behind the safety of your keyboard — especially when you've got an entire contingent of bodyguards (the Secret Service) protecting you from the same kind of people you are stirring up against others.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:34 am
He’s not willing to make a deal on the border
You mean something like "Let's machine-gun would-be immigrants"? You seem to think that the only possible way to respond to immigration issues is to kow-tow to radical right morons such as Jim Jordan and Marginally Traitor Spleen.

Yes, so when lunatics propose awful conditions and a president disagrees, it's his fault. You are a loon
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

And FWIW, it is the republicans who are seking to link the issues and make the fate of Ukraine aid subject to the dems bowing to their asinine immigration demands. Ye, that is the state of American politics, but if the Ukraine loses, I'll know who to blame--the supporters of Putin and its minions (and that is not Biden or even the democrats--or are you forgetting how Trump said he appreciated Putin's endorsement?).

Meade--stop trying to make sense; we all know it won't work.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

The House Republicans are not at all interested in actually addressing immigration issues, they just want to keep screaming about it. The Senate recently passed a (bipartisan) immigration bill, which Steve Scalise (R-NRA) immediately declared "dead on arrival." It is in fact more important for Republicans to create as much chaos as possible at the southern border because that's the way they're re-tooling their racist appeal for the 2024 election campaign. "Alien Invasion" is always a hit with the frothing troglodytes in the GOP base.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Can't argue with that Sue. But Biden's a coward, right. :lol:

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

One of the burdens of old age is a long memory. I am a depression baby. I remember talk among the adults around me, before the ascension of the 'greatest generation' when the GOP was the isolationist party. Then later LBJ said 'American boys should not be asked to do what asian boys will not do for themselves. He changed his tune when he was clued in the financial advantages of assuming the colonial burdens of France in the Paris of the East.

Americans generally have thought of themselves as the good guys, for at least a 125 years. Policeman to the entire world? Of course, who could do it better than us. Cowards? no just people who believe the biggest bank account is always the superior moralist. Meanwhile other 'lesser nations' look at the track record for the last century and see that USA foreign policy has always played out in the long run to take the money and run.

By the way , isn't one synonym of 'coward' 'conservative, minimizing risk'?

snailgate.

wesw

Post by wesw »

yes, let us machine gun anyone who invades us

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey lib, good to see you

don t take my insults personally

i only said them because i meant them

nothing personal

i love the briar patch

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:25 am
Coward?   And how many times has Trumplethinskin participated in debates or with other Republican candidates this election cycle?
(although maybe that's a good thing ... debates are supposed to be an exchange of ideas and viewpoints, and this is a concept that has never once entered the Donald's pea-sized brain).

It doesn't take a whole lot of balls to be an internet Don Rickles, tossing out insults left and right from behind the safety of your keyboard — especially when you've got an entire contingent of bodyguards (the Secret Service) protecting you from the same kind of people you are stirring up against others.
-"BB"-
This post is not about Trump it’s about Biden’s cowardice. His lack of courage will come back to haunt the young people of this country; I have told my grandson I don’t want him to fight. I want him to develop his pacifist credentials now, because I suspect trouble is coming in his lifetime. I love freedom, but I see no sense in sacrificing my grandson for a lost cause.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

I’ve been out of the military a long time, but when I was in, I remember an individual could select their career field before they enlisted. I wonder if that’s changed. I hear that the army is having a hard time recruiting people. I am primarily concerned about the manning in combat arms units. Those are the people who actually go out and put their life on the line to engage the enemy. Many people maybe most entered the military to obtain a marketable skill for the civilian world. Few People enlist in the Army for patriotic reasons. One of the main demographics in combat arm units was white southerners. During the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan you might have noticed that a disproportionately number of the troops killed were white Southerners. I doubt they are still volunteering at the same rate as they did in the recent past. You tear down their statues, and rename their bases, and denigrate their heritage and then wonder why they don’t want to die for you. You didn’t want white southerners in your military so you got what you wanted; now you can send your own sons to fight Putin or enjoy the mercies of the Russians.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

then wonder why they don’t want to die for you.
Lib--you say you were in the military and then actually believe that? My recollection (in the 70s) is that no one (at least no competent military members) want to die at all, and this is not anything new. You really believe there are some who say "Leave up the statue of Stonewall Jackson and I will be happy to die for you?". If there are, they would be shitty soldiers. Come on. :roll:

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

liberty wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:43 am
I’ve been out of the military a long time, but when I was in, I remember an individual could select their career field before they enlisted. I wonder if that’s changed. I hear that the army is having a hard time recruiting people. I am primarily concerned about the manning in combat arms units. Those are the people who actually go out and put their life on the line to engage the enemy. Many people maybe most entered the military to obtain a marketable skill for the civilian world. Few People enlist in the Army for patriotic reasons. One of the main demographics in combat arm units was white southerners. During the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan you might have noticed that a disproportionately number of the troops killed were white Southerners. I doubt they are still volunteering at the same rate as they did in the recent past. You tear down their statues, and rename their bases, and denigrate their heritage and then wonder why they don’t want to die for you. You didn’t want white southerners in your military so you got what you wanted; now you can send your own sons to fight Putin or enjoy the mercies of the Russians.
Not only is this drivel completely unrelated to the OP, it is also demonstrably false -- not that liberty ever let the facts get in the way of his opinions.
Many people maybe most entered the military to obtain a marketable skill for the civilian world. Few People enlist in the Army for patriotic reasons.
This is probably the closest to reality that liberty gets, but it still misses the mark. First, the reality is that people may enlist in the military for more than one reason, and family history of military service is another significant factor. Second, the military recruits from the same labor pool as do all other employers and it has to offer competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain personnel. This is simply a function of an all-volunteer force rather than relying on conscription or compulsory military service (so why does liberty hate capitalism?). Third, in the year following 9/11, there was an enormous surge in enlistment for both active duty and reserve troops, so "patriotism" can and does at times serve as a principal motivator.
One of the main demographics in combat arm units was white southerners.
The maps linked below show county of residence for Army forces deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heaviest concentrations appear to be southern California, Arizona, and more generally the urbanized areas across the country. (The results appear to be skewed toward counties in which there are major military bases, presumably because returning vets are listing those counties as their place of residence, whether on- or off-base.)

Army active duty
Army National Guard
Army reserve

While the image of "rural southerner" as the typical Army recruit may have had some justification 50 years ago or more (empirical evidence is spotty at best), it hasn't been true at least for the last 30 years (better demographic records prove it). In fact, whites of all geographical regions account for less than half of Army enlistees from private to the rank of staff sergeant. Once you get to the ranks of commissioned officers the disparity between white and non-white personnel tend to grow exponentially.
You tear down their statues, and rename their bases, and denigrate their heritage and then wonder why they don’t want to die for you.
The bases of the United States military do not belong to southern whites, they belong to the entire nation, and the nation as a whole agrees that traitors to the United States who actively fought against its military and for secession and slavery are probably not appropriate honorees for naming US military installations. The statues of Confederates erected in the early 20th Century were a component of white supremacist propaganda that sought to whitewash the southern rebellion as some sort of noble "lost cause" in the service of maintaining Jim Crow segregation and white privilege. It is long past time that any and all such tributes to traitors be removed from the American landscape.
GAH!

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm
then wonder why they don’t want to die for you.
Lib--you say you were in the military and then actually believe that? My recollection (in the 70s) is that no one (at least no competent military members) want to die at all, and this is not anything new. You really believe there are some who say "Leave up the statue of Stonewall Jackson and I will be happy to die for you?". If there are, they would be shitty soldiers. Come on. :roll:
You are a lawyer, and you can’t recognize a figure of speech; no one wants to die, but everyone in the military should be aware it is a possibility and the closer to the enemy you get the more likely it is. That’s why many people especially blacks choose career fields that place them as far from the battlefield as they can get. As far as my time in the military, I don’t care what you think. I have my DD 214 in multiple copies stored at multiple locations; that’s good enough for me.

Leave the statues that commemorate the courage of my ancestors, and I will feel that my heritage is respected!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

That’s why many people especially blacks choose career fields that place them as far from the battlefield as they can get.
What a surprise! An off-color comment.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

liberty wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:06 pm
Leave the statues that commemorate the courage of my ancestors, and I will feel that my heritage is respected!
Would that be your "heritage" of slavery, secession and traitorous war against the United States? Or your "heritage" of post-Reconstruction racial segregation and white supremacy? I will be damned if I "respect" any of that.
GAH!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

liberty wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:06 pm
No-one doubts the courage of your ancestors especially the cannon-fodder (of whom there were plenty on both sides) who were told that they were fighting for God and their native land. They were just wrong.

By your argument we should have statues to the 19 men who piloted those planes into the WTC and the Pentagon and that field in Pennsylvania.

'Lions led by donkeys' is a recurring trope for 2000 years and more.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Back to the OP:

O hai, Rep. Moskowitz, wassup on the immigration issue today?

GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:ok

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Great moments from GOP history:

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan