RIP Navalny

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

RIP Navalny

Post by BoSoxGal »

I watched the documentary when it released, and I was so moved by the courage of this man - or maybe he was just foolhardy?

Anyway, Russian state media is reporting this morning that Putin has finally killed Navalny, after sending him to one of the most extreme gulags in Russia known as 'the polar wolf.' What poison couldn't do, the polar wolf accomplished.

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/naval ... 4339781936
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Re: RIP Navalny

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

There seems to be no check on Putin - the Russian people will have to deal with him. Stalin was never this bad or as brazen. (On second thoughts he probably was.). Prigozhin died in a plane crash along with nine others - some of them were Wagner Group members but others were presumably relatively innocent crew. There have certainly been assassinations in Britain and France and USA and elsewhere (including of course within Russia) and 50-something mysterious deaths of businessmen and women just since 2022 are listed in Wikipedia.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspiciou ... 2022–2024)

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Watching coverage of Navalny's murder today and just feeling really heartbroken at the loss from this world of such a courageous and idealistic human being. On Velshi I just watched a piece discussing the atmosphere in Russia today, where schoolchildren are reporting their teachers and people in the next booth reporting strangers in a cafe for talking about the war in Ukraine in negative terms - where a young woman wearing rainbow earrings and an elderly woman sharing social media posts are both sent to gulags for 5 years for violations of patriotic codes.

Will the suffering of the Russian people never end????
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

On Donnie's version of X (formerly known as Twitter), the MAGA Mouthpiece put up an all-caps shitpost yet again claiming his plight and problems to be poitically motivated and comparing himself to Alexei Navalny.
If we're lucky, maybe he'll play out the whole drama and croak in custody too.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m sure Navalny was murdered in custody. I’d happily volunteer to murder Donnie if I can get off scot free like Putin will.
~ Carl Sagan