Navalny. Just sayin'

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Navalny. Just sayin'

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Navalny's death at the hands of Russia's fascist dictator Trump Putin is appalling. Deserves nothing but condemnation.

But before we get totally starry-eyed . . . about this "liberal" chap . . .
In 2002, he is elected to office for the first time, becoming a member of the regional council for his party, Yabloko, in Moscow. From 2004-07, Navalny serves as the chief of staff of Moscow for Yabloko and also as deputy chairman of Yabloko in Moscow.

He is later expelled from Yabloko after attending an ultranationalist, anti-immigration protest. Navalny is known to have anti-immigrant views.
https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... -timeline/

It's just there, laying like a fish on a table.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Navalny. Just sayin'

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes, life is complicated. Navalny years ago was most famous for being part of the anti-immigration movement in Russia - maybe MRGA in a red hat - but he is yet another example of two wrongs not making a right. Just as I am capable at the same time of saying Hamas' action on Oct 7 were reprehensible and that Israel's actions in response - leveling Gaza - are outrageous.

Sometimes half a loaf is better than no bread. And Navalny running Russia might have been 'better' than Putin. But we could not take our eyes off him unless he had changed significantly since 10 or 15 years ago. Sadly (I think) we'll never know.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:39 pm
Yes, life is complicated. Navalny years ago was most famous for being part of the anti-immigration movement in Russia - maybe MRGA in a red hat - but he is yet another example of two wrongs not making a right. Just as I am capable at the same time of saying Hamas' action on Oct 7 were reprehensible and that Israel's actions in response - leveling Gaza - are outrageous.

Sometimes half a loaf is better than no bread. And Navalny running Russia might have been 'better' than Putin. But we could not take our eyes off him unless he had changed significantly since 10 or 15 years ago. Sadly (I think) we'll never know.
Well said.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

*sigh*

People never cease to disappoint.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan