The Truth vs. Alex Jones

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

The Truth vs. Alex Jones

Post by Joe Guy »

I watched the new HBO Max documentary about the Sandy Hook Alex Jones's trials in which he was found liable for about 1.5 billion dollars. I think everyone should see it.

One of the most interesting things about it is how similar Jones is to Trump. Either Trump learned his entire victimhood script from Jones or maybe that's just the way all malignant narcissists act.

Outside the courtroom Jones called his trial a 'witch hunt', said it was a kangaroo court, a travesty of justice and the judge was a tyrant. In court when he was asked about certain things he had said, he denied saying them. When the prosecutor showed him the actual video of him saying the things he denied saying, he said they were out of context. He also mentioned how his dietary supplements are the best kind in the world.

Jones is a certifiable nutcase and his similarity to Trump is scary.

HBO link

Crackpot

Re: The Truth vs. Alex Jones

Post by Crackpot »

Game recognizes game.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

As I read this thread and thought about the thread on the leaning tower of NPR/PBS, I had a question: is the real result of mass internet availability that lesser truth equals a bigger audience?

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Burning Petard wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:28 am
....is the real result of mass internet availability that lesser truth equals a bigger audience?
I think that because the internet is everywhere, 'lesser truth' simply reaches a much bigger audience.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:07 am
Burning Petard wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:28 am
....is the real result of mass internet availability that lesser truth equals a bigger audience?
I think that because the internet is everywhere, 'lesser truth' simply reaches a much bigger audience.
I think a pretty substantial number of people don't actually want news and facts, they just want to have their existing opinions confirmed and to complain when they are not. This series of tubes gives them that in spades, regardless of how baseless and ignorant the opinion is. I saw the same phenomenon when I worked in newspapers back in the Dark Ages; the interwebs is just a giant op-ed and letters-to-the-editor page where every jackass gets published.
GAH!