Here's Some Sound Legal Advice for Anyone Who is Pulled Over a Police Officer....

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Here's Some Sound Legal Advice for Anyone Who is Pulled Over a Police Officer....

Post by Joe Guy »

I'm very impressed by the gentleman in the foreground who really helps drive home the point with his excellent communication skills....

Sue U

Re: Here's Some Sound Legal Advice for Anyone Who is Pulled Over a Police Officer....

Post by Sue U »

What -- and I cannot stress this enough -- the actual fuck?
GAH!

Scooter

Re: Here's Some Sound Legal Advice for Anyone Who is Pulled Over a Police Officer....

Post by Scooter »

Those were certainly all words.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

This is an excellent argument for destruction of Tik-tok and You-tube.

snailgate..

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 2:21 am
What -- and I cannot stress this enough -- the actual fuck?

I was hoping you would see this. Thank you for showing up and sharing your professionally qualified commentary with the Plan B membership.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

What else is there to say?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Big RR wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:13 am
What else is there to say?
Not much. I think the video wraps up the explanation quite thoroughly.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Another interesting clip from this dumbass person's YouTube:

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The original video sounds like sovereign citizen BS.

I wish the person who posted it to YouTube from TikTok had provided a citation to the original source so I could look up the blond women in the original video - one of them strongly resembles a woman I saw speaking at a Christian Nationalist Trump rally on The Whole Truth on CNN the other night.

The episode was about disinformation in the USA and it was pretty chilling - I have to ignore this stuff because it depresses me a lot to realize just how fucking dumb and ready to shed blood over their stupid 'knowledge' so many of our fellow citizens are.

I guess the land that became the USA didn't belong just to the indigenous peoples we thought lived here for thousands of years, it actually also belonged to black people who apparently also lived here for thousands of years before Leif and Chris showed up.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I am not driving this vehicle. I am engaging in interstate commerce.
I am not a citizen of any state or nation. I am sovereign. And/or a citizen of Black Morocco Freestate.
I want to speak to your supervisor.
I have won a case in the Supreme Court costing billions to an officer just like you.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I don't know, but those maritime courts scare me; damn people putting fringe on the flag. :lol:

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Big RR wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:31 pm
I don't know, but those maritime courts scare me; damn people putting fringe on the flag. :lol:
Getting up the gangplank to the courtroom is a real problem, that's why I don't do maritime law. However, on certain weekend mornings I have been known to do bloody mary-time law.
GAH!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Sue U wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:28 pm
However, on certain weekend mornings I have been known to do bloody mary-time law.
Which is why attorneys have to pass the bar exam.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:07 am

I wish the person who posted it to YouTube from TikTok had provided a citation to the original source so I could look up the blond women in the original video - one of them strongly resembles a woman I saw speaking at a Christian Nationalist Trump rally on The Whole Truth on CNN the other night.
Yeah, that original video is definitely sovereign citizen BS. I've been watching their videos for a while and it's fascinating how they all seem to read from the same twisted script. They talk about the 'all caps name' on their birth certificates being a legal fiction and a whole bunch of other senseless conflicting nonsense.

Did you ever need to deal with any of them when you were in Montana? That seems like a place where there might a lot of them.

That woman looks familiar to me also. If I can track her down, I'll put the information here. But I'm not registered on TikTok and I'm not sure that's something I want to do.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:21 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:07 am

Yeah, that original video is definitely sovereign citizen BS. I've been watching their videos for a while and it's fascinating how they all seem to read from the same twisted script. They talk about the 'all caps name' on their birth certificates being a legal fiction and a whole bunch of other senseless conflicting nonsense.

Did you ever need to deal with any of them when you were in Montana? That seems like a place where there might a lot of them.

That woman looks familiar to me also. If I can track her down, I'll put the information here. But I'm not registered on TikTok and I'm not sure that's something I want to do.
My life was threatened repeatedly by a local sovereign citizen who I met my first day in office as a county attorney, when he came to my public swearing in and started shouting (and shaking his fists) about how I wasn’t a legal entity and only the sheriff had authority in our county and my presence and actions were a high crime punishable by hanging.

The relationship only got worse from there. When I bought a house, he filed dozens of false liens on my deed into the county clerk’s office - it’s called paper terrorism and it is a favorite tactic of sovereign citizens nationwide.

At the time of my departure from that county attorney office, I had just obtained a lifetime protection order (ha! for what it’s worth) against this man who harassed and threatened me on a near daily basis for 2.5 years and who the FBI had warned me was a true threat and that I needed to seriously consider that he might take violent action against me.

A year or so after I’d left Montana entirely, in part because of being stalked and harassed and threatened even after leaving public office, the sovereign citizen who terrorized me was convicted of multiple felonies for his actions towards me and other public officials.

Fun times. There is a special place in my heart for sovereign citizens, as you might imagine.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:37 pm
My life was threatened repeatedly by a local sovereign citizen who I met my first day in office as a county attorney, when he came to my public swearing in and started shouting (and shaking his fists) about how I wasn’t a legal entity and only the sheriff had authority in our county and my presence and actions were a high crime punishable by hanging.
Yeah, another thing the sovcits believe is that only sheriffs have legal authority and police officers are just "policy enforcers" who make money for the city and state by unlawfully ticketing them for "traveling" on public roads.
BoSoxGal wrote:
At the time of my departure from that county attorney office, I had just obtained a lifetime protection order (ha! for what it’s worth) against this man who harassed and threatened me on a near daily basis for 2.5 years and who the FBI had warned me was a true threat and that I needed to seriously consider that he might take violent action against me.
Most sovcits I've observed online are stupid when it comes to law but relatively harmless. But many of them are very dangerous because they believe they're on the right side of the law and that the rest of us just don't get it.
BoSoxGal wrote:
A year or so after I’d left Montana entirely, in part because of being stalked and harassed and threatened even after leaving public office, the sovereign citizen who terrorized me was convicted of multiple felonies for his actions towards me and other public officials.
That's good to know. The guy is probably currently teaching sovcit law in his prison cell. I'm sure many of them started out getting their alternative-law education in prison.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Now, here's some genuinely good legal advice for anyone pulled over by a police officer:

GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:50 am
Now, here's some genuinely good legal advice for anyone pulled over by a police officer:

Thank you. That is timely news.

I read this morning that there will be two DUI checkpoints set up in my city this Saturday evening. If I happen to get hijacked into one of them, I plan to shut the fuck up.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Sovcits: the only group so fucked up that they can make the most extreme leftist feel empathy for the police.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Sue U wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:50 am

Sound advice.  Too many people run their mouths so much they're not just giving the cops all the rope they need to hang them, they're also tying the noose for them.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?