My first night back at work

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Aard Vark

Re: My first night back at work

Post by Aard Vark »

Gob Would be glad to finaly meet you
I would offer to kill something for you Maybe for Hatch and Hen

Hen would you be open to try one of our ducks?

SisterMaryFellatio

Post by SisterMaryFellatio »

it would be an absolute pleasure to see you guys again.

Dance of the flaming arseholes - you have been haniging out at far to many Cornish pubs Gob.....havn't heard that in years....was always played in The Lifeboat on the front in St Ives along with "cockroach" lol All the emmits looked on in disbelief!!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Interestingly enough, the restaurant we had our reception in closed down shortly after that night...

...not that I'm saying that it's anything other than coincidence but the owner was taken away in a strait jacket blubbering something about 'red dragons'...
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Phew. Nothing about flaming arseholes.
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

That could have been what he meant... he just thought it was a fire-breathing dragon.
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

alice

Post by alice »

Aard Vark wrote:We were going to eat the goats but our 8y/0 over heard us talking about it and had a fit. So no goats for us.

The Boggo Rd Goal tours are bing set up for next year. We were talking to Jack about that last week He was saying how he would like to run the old prison and not let a developer get their hands on it. There's an old prison in VIC that has been transformed into a shopping center. They left the prison buildings all most intact but built inbetween and in the grounds.

The new Boggo Rd tours will be over 24 hours and sound amazing. I am bound To keep it as that
I can say the tours should start in Jan next year, I would advise to check out the web page and see if you need to book as they have a long list already

Where's that old prison in Vic,Aardvark? I live in Vic and that would be interesting to see.
I've been to the old Melbourne Gaol - they've set up a front garden and a little tourist souvenir shop in a portion of the building at the entry, but the rest is left as it was, and is a good tourist attraction. It's very, very chilling to go through. Whether you want to believe in ghosts or not, you can feel a presence all through it. Heaps of atmosphere.

When my kids were young we used to do some interesting activities for 'amusement'. I once took them and some friends to a cemetary late at night and we sat in the centre of the cemetary waiting for midnight. We were respectful, and began by reading some of the tombstones and reflecting on the people that were buried there. It was an interesting peek at the history of the area and it also helped to build up the atmosphere. Funny how it started as a bit of a joke that they were pretending to be scared, or trying to scare each other, and eventually they all worked themselves into a real fear. By midnight even I was starting to feel it! But they and their mates all thought it was a great holiday activity and it's fondly remembered to this day. :-)
Life is like photography. You use the negative to develop.

Gob

Post by Gob »

When we were back in the UK last we visited Dartmoor Jail. The prison museum was quite interesting, got some good gifts there for Hen's minister of the time, who was minister for corrections.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Joe Guy wrote:Speaking of Brisbane, I spent most of today in Brisbane at a party in a park.

Brisbane, California, that is.... (just south of San Francisco)

Pronounced "Briz-bAne" over in these parts.

It's kinda haunted over there also.

Ghosts from Oklahoma and other southern states seem to have found their way to a town that was known mostly for its whore houses in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

Wha...? An' yo didn't say boo to me! :wank

Aard Vark

Post by Aard Vark »

I know this is an old topic now. BUT
Tonight one of the women on the tour said she saw a shadow

Well there is a grave of a 12y/o boy that has it'sstory of haunting. I asked her to stand facing away from the grave to see if the statue on top would move. (it is said it does) It didn't tonight
As she was facing a different direction from everyone else, she said she could see the shadow the size of a child peeking out from behind a large headstone behind the rest of the tour. As if playing peek-a-boo
She was very shaken when she left the cemmertary and said thanks for a great night but she will never be back at night again.

I hope she puts her story on the tour web page

Aard Vark

Post by Aard Vark »

I know this is an old topic now. BUT
Tonight one of the women on the tour said she saw a shadow

Well there is a grave of a 12y/o boy that has it'sstory of haunting. I asked her to stand facing away from the grave to see if the statue on top would move. (it is said it does) It didn't tonight
As she was facing a different direction from everyone else, she said she could see the shadow the size of a child peeking out from behind a large headstone behind the rest of the tour. As if playing peek-a-boo
She was very shaken when she left the cemmertary and said thanks for a great night but she will never be back at night again.

I hope she puts her story on the tour web page

Gob

Post by Gob »

AArdy, you're creeping me out mate...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Ahhh ghosties and imps.

I have lived my life with imps. They used to scared the bejeeezus out of me until Gob saw them too.

A scare shared is a scare halved.

:D
Bah!

Aard Vark

Post by Aard Vark »

Working for a company that looks for the spooky it was a bit of a buzz for the two of us (the tour guide and me the assitant) We haven't had a good scare till now. So if she puts her story on the web page we will get more work.

I am in two minds about when I see my first ghoast in the cemertary. It will be a thrill but I hope I have the bottle to come back the next week.

Gob

Post by Gob »

You will mate, you will....

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Aard Vark wrote:Gob Would be glad to finaly meet you
I would offer to kill something for you Maybe for Hatch and Hen

Hen would you be open to try one of our ducks?
The idea of killing a duck for dinner as a welcoming offer to friends coming to dinner is an interesting idea.

But I'd guess that the Gob family would prefer to kill a few pints instead.

While eating some cheese, store bought fish and vegetables.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Wait -- Sister Mary is *married* to Sean?

Can we get a PlanB family tree, please!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

Yes, Sister Mary is Sean's spouse, Hen and I had the great pleasure of attending their wedding.

I think Sister Mary still hasn't got over the shock of meeting us..

Sean

Post by Sean »

Indeed... Sister Mary is the handbrake.

;) :D

rubato

Post by rubato »

Do you think it is morally wrong to promote false beliefs, like the belief in ghosts, haunting &c. ?

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Wrong? Why? What harm does it do, even if the belief is totally wrong and unfounded?

there are a lot of "beliefs" that people follow; people go to england and visit Sherwood Forest to look for the "haunts "of a mythical person who most likely never existed, Robin Hood. Likewise, people in Greece and Rome visit temples to gods that probably never existed and still don't. Isn't touring "haunted places" for "ghosts" similar? It's entertainment and diversion.
Last edited by Big RR on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.