Burn then.

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Burn then.

Post by Gob »

North Canberra residents were woken by a series of huge explosions and fireballs from a factory fire in Mitchell early this morning, as emergency services raised fears over the spread of toxic smoke plumes across the area.

Mitchell has been evacuated and residents of Franklin, Crace, Harrison, Watson, Downer, Kaleen, Lyneham and Hackett have been warned to stay indoors and close doors and windows.

Schools in the area will be closed today and buses in North Canberra have been cancelled until further notice.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/toxic-sm ... z1Y3iEZYjs
Hen just heard someone on the radio say; "They sent out text messages to everyone in the affected area, but my neighbour is Croatian, and doesn't speak English."

Hello?

A symptom of the sort of thinking of the person who lead the "ethnic awareness" course I HAD to take as part of my induction, who stated; "My father has lived here for 50 + years, and has never learned to speak English, so we should be prepared to provide translators, and other services in his language (Italian)." She got most huffy when I challenged this.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”