Complaint Dept. -or- A Place To Blow Off Steam

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

Complaint Dept. -or- A Place To Blow Off Steam

Post by dales »

Yeah, I know this scenario has been mentioned before, i just felt like bitching! :arg

I have just returned from the local supermarket (SaveMart) across the street from where I live.

Fine, I have done this hundreds of times prviously (I don't particularly care for the dump but it's easier than climbing into the car and driving to a half way decent supermarket).

HERE'S MY GRIPE

Clueless middle-aged woman is waiting in the express line (15 items or less) with a cart full of items. There are other checkers open, but it seems this woman is too gawdammed lazy and inconsiderate and wishes to inconvenience others that are waiting in line behind her. I point this out to her (I was politie and mentioned that if she knew that this line was for 15 items or less?).

She let me go in front of her (GREAT!) and then steps right behind me. I call this to the checker's attention that there is a woman with obviously more than 15 items in the so-called express line and there are now three people behind her.

Checker does absolutely nothing and looks at me like I'm speaking in tongues. I can recall when checkers would politely let people know that this was an express line and to please move to another line. Not anymore, I guess.

The real topper to this was when another woman in front of me took me to task for raising a stink. Since she was in front of me, why should she care? She was already paying for her purchases and was set to leave.

Might I add I didn't raise my voice and remained calm and civil the entire time.

I guess common courtesy is long dead - to be replaced by selfishness and apathy :arg

In the future I will take my business across town :fu

It's a pain in the azz, but the less money I spend at SaveMart, the better I feel.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Re: Complaint Dept. -or- A Place To Blow Off Steam

Post by Joe Guy »

That's why I always send my maid to do my grocery shopping. I can afford to not be bothered by the little people.

dales

Post by dales »

People who can afford hired help do NOT enlist the maid to do shopping chores.

Items are often delivered direct from the grocers.

duh! :nana

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

dales wrote:People who can afford hired help do NOT enlist the maid to do shopping chores.

Items are often delivered direct from the grocers.
Don't tell that to my maid, Hazel.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Just the one, huh Joe?

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Yes, I have just one maid on staff. But I also have a dozen abbos and a few assorted illegal Mexicans.

And then there's Rachel the handmaiden.

Please keep this to yourself. I think I might be violating some laws.

dales

Post by dales »

Getting this thread back on track...

Any other complaints?

Shoddy service?

Overcharged/cheated?

Incompetent waitstaff?

Rude salespeople?

Lazy groundskeepers?

Thieving car mechanics?

Insensitive medical staff/ doctors?

Slothful govt. employees?

Crooked attorneys?

Corrupt law enforcement?

Unfair labour practises?

Rancid food?

Dumpy lodgings?

Crappy dating sites?

Cheating spouses/ girl friends/ boy friends/ animal companions?

Erectile dysfunction?

Frigidity?

Sweaty palms?

Acid reflux?

Split ends?

B.O.?

Host Server Issues?

etc.

YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT THREAD!

yrs,
rubato

Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Heh, today I ran into an issue checking out. I got stuck standing in line behind two old ladies, which wouldn't have been so bad, but they had two carts full of stuff and they had a bunch of advertisement flyers from other stores that they were using to try and price-match nearly everything they bought.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

You wanna know what grinds my gears?

Stores that don't allow paying customers to use their restrooms... :arg

This has become something of a personal crusade of mine...

Here in The City That Used To Know How, there is an ordinance requiring that stores allow paying customers to use their restrooms...

But every now and then I run into some brain dead moron unwilling to extend this simple basic courtesy...(usually in drugstores like a Walgreens, but occasionally also at gas stations, or even in fast food restaurants downtown)

An exchange I had at the checkout counter at a Walgreens on Market Street, not too long ago, during this past holiday season:

Me: I'd like to use your restroom please.

Idiot: We don't have a bathroom

Me: Really? Where do you go? (I'd been down this road before...)

Idiot: Well....uh..we don't have a public bathroom...

Me: Is that a fact? Are you aware of the fact that you are required by law to provide a restroom for paying customers?

Idiot: We don't have a public bathroom.

Me: I guess I didn't speak clearly enough. YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO PROVIDE A RESTROOM TO PAYING CUSTOMERS....

Idiot: We don't have a restroom.

Me: Let me speak to the manager.

Idiot Manager: Sir, we don't not have restrooms for the public.

Me; Okay then, (pulling my cell phone out of my pocket) I guess I'll just have to call the police and bring them over here and then let them know that in violation of city law, you are refusing to provide me with a restroom...

Idiot Manager: Okay, okay you can use the bathroom, (he then finally produces a key and hands it to me) but this is the only time.

Me: So you're telling me that you'll follow the law this time, but if I ask you again another time you won't follow the law?

Idiot Manager: Sir, the bathroom is at the back at the end of aisle 3.

Me: (Taking the key) Thank you. But I want you to know that if I come here again making the same request, I will expect you to extend this basic courtesy and follow the law on that occasion as well. And no one should have to go to the extent I just went to to get you to do what you should have done in the first place.

(And no one in the line complained about what I did; in fact one lady came up to me and told me it was about time somebody responded the way I did)

I have made a personal point of stopping at that Walgreens several time since then when I've been in that part of town, and picking up a couple of things and asking to use the restroom...

On one occasion I went through a similar routine...the other times the original Idiot Manager was on duty, and I was immediately given the key....
Clueless middle-aged woman is waiting in the express line (15 items or less) with a cart full of items. There are other checkers open, but it seems this woman is too gawdammed lazy and inconsiderate and wishes to inconvenience others that are waiting in line behind her. I point this out to her (I was politie and mentioned that if she knew that this line was for 15 items or less?).

She let me go in front of her (GREAT!) and then steps right behind me. I call this to the checker's attention that there is a woman with obviously more than 15 items in the so-called express line and there are now three people behind her.
Been there, done that....

The obnoxious "me first" oaf who figures they'll get behind the person who has the nerve to complain and then take advantage of the other folks who wont speak up...

On those occasions, I've told them, " No, I'm sorry, (ma'am/sir) you have to go to another line"...(and more than once I've helped them guide their basket out of the line...I don't really blame the checkers...they're told to avoid confrontations...it's the managements fault...and I've gone to the managers to complain about it)

It should not be the case that the only way one can get the decent, civil service I grew up with as a matter of common expectation, is if one is willing to be as obnoxious and determined an asshole as I am prepared to be....

It should not be the case that only people who are prepared to stand up aggressively for decent service are the only ones who receive it...

Every person, every customer, should be entitled to that level of consideration and service; not just those of who are willing to stand up and demand what should be common treatment for everyone.
Last edited by Lord Jim on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

I had one this am, one of those situation where you are glad there are no fire axes within reach.

6.00 am this morning, old biddy at the gym, doing old biddy exercises, which seemed to consist of rearranging the dumbbell racks, vaguely gesticulating with a dumbbell in each hand, rolling about on a yoga ball, standing up/sitting down/holding a 5 k plate over her head while pulling faces, etc.

But, and she does this on many mornings of the week, she sets herself up between the pulleys on the cable fly machine, commandeers the incline biceps curl seat, drapes her towel on the squats rack, and festoons the area with random dumbbells most of which she doesn't then use. (There was one time I saw her using the dumbbells she had a 4 k in one hand and a 6 k in the other!) She manages to take four machines and half a dozen dumbbells, and half the fucking gym free weights area out of use, without doing anything vaguely resembling "an exercise"!

If she's back again, I'm going to drop a 25 k plate on her foot tomorrow morning.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

"If you want to get anything done in this country you've got to complain 'til you're blue in the mouth."
ImageImageImage