Don't give up your day job.

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Don't give up your day job.

Post by Gob »

From the Secret Service to the Kardashians, everything was fair game at the annual White House Correspondents' dinner.

But the featured item on the menu was dog ... jokes -- which figured, since Barack Obama's old admission to eating dog as a child was just recently revived as a campaign sideshow. "Last week we learned that the president's two favorite steaks are rib eye and seeing eye," cracked comedian Jimmy Kimmel, the evening's host. But even Kimmel got a taste that it's tough to work a room better than the Obama himself.

The president touched on Sarah Palin's recent hosting of "Today" to segue into the night's toughest line: "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? A pit bull is delicious."

http://now.msn.com/now/0428-correspondents-dinner.aspx
Not exactly Billy Connolly is he?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Don't give up your day job.

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

No but it's interesting that he's tasted both....
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Did President Barack Obama make a rude joke about his wife Michelle and oral sex at a Beverly Hills fundraiser for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Leadership Council?

Talking to some 600 supporters at the event on Wednesday night, Obama referred to Ellen DeGeneres, the stand-up comedian and television host and a lesbian.

'I want to thank my wonderful friend who accepts a little bit of teasing about Michelle beating her in push-ups but I think she claims Michelle didn't go all the way down,' he said. The crowd erupted into what the Los Angeles Times described as 'bawdy laughter'.
President Obama

In the pool report of the event, Todd Gillman of the Dallas Morning News, wrote that this was a line that Obama 'let hang, naughtily, provoking laughter from the crowd'.

It remained unclear, however, whether Obama uttered a deliberate double entendre about his wife having oral sex with a lesbian or whether he simply stumbled into using a phrase that was misinterpreted.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

It remained unclear, however, whether Obama uttered a deliberate double entendre about his wife having oral sex with a lesbian or whether he simply stumbled into using a phrase that was misinterpreted.
Yes, we call it "comedy." Or for those who have a stick up their ass when it comes to making a joke, "plausible deniability."
GAH!

rubato

Post by rubato »

If it was intentional then it is a very subtle form of humor. Not easy for him to make it work*.

yrs,
rubato

* I was going to say "pull it off" but knew what you 'wits' would do with that. So I didn't. Hah!