21 years ago today

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Sean

21 years ago today

Post by Sean »

The Hillsborough Disaster was a human crush that occurred on 15 April 1989 at Hillsborough, a football stadium, the home of Sheffield Wednesday F.C. in Sheffield, England, resulting in the deaths of 96 people,[1] all fans of Liverpool F.C. It remains the deadliest stadium-related disaster in British history and one of the worst ever international football accidents.[2] It was the second of two stadium-related disasters involving Liverpool supporters, the other being the Heysel Stadium Disaster in 1985.

The match, an FA Cup semi-final tie between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest, was abandoned seven minutes into the game.

The inquiry into the disaster, the Taylor Report, named the cause as failure of police control, and resulted in the conversion of many football stadiums in the United Kingdom to all-seater and the removal of barriers at the front of stands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster
Even I won't take the piss out of these scousers... :(
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

Gob

Re: 21 years ago today

Post by Gob »

Horrible, horrible event..

Let's also not forget; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_stadium_disaster
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Re: 21 years ago today

Post by The Hen »

I remember that so vividly.

What an absolutely appalling way to die.

I can't hear Ferry Cross the Mersey now without tearing up.
Bah!