My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

My hobby

Post by Gob »

Since moving back here, and, more importantly, retiring I've had a chance to work on my photography. I've been getting some good results, have been asked for prints of some images even, So I thought I may share some here.

Today's shot;

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Re: My hobby

Post by Gob »

Oh, if these FB links down't work, I'll stick them on google again.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I have to admit that when I saw a thread started by this poster with the subject line, "My hobby", I opened it with some trepidation...

I feared it might involve the use of tissues while video watching... :? :shock:

Pleasantly surprised... 8-)
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Nice shot!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lord Jim wrote:I have to admit that when I saw a thread started by this poster with the subject line, "My hobby", I opened it with some trepidation...

I feared it might involve the use of tissues while video watching... :? :shock:
Nothing wrong with that, LJ — lots of people get teary-eyed watching romantic movies. :cry:
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sunset last night...

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Good stuff, Gob, thanks for sharing.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Quite spectacular. Now honestly, do you miss Australia? Is Hen homesick?

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Today's shot #1:
That's the award winner. It's all about the light, and the moment it is caught, and with just the right amount of shadow to frame the focus of attention. Making a two dimensional image seem like three.

This is the one to sell. Good luck.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

TPFKA@W wrote:Quite spectacular. Now honestly, do you miss Australia? Is Hen homesick?
I don't miss it one bit. It's a great country, it's a fascinating place, the people are lovely, I'm proud to be a citizen. But my heart is, and has always been since the first time I came here, set fast here in West Penwith.

Hen is, ironically, very homesick. She's at her mother's place,and pining to be back here. :lol:

Gob

Post by Gob »

Today's shot...

I was a little bit later going out with the mutts this morning, I overslept, nice bit of light over the cove at that time.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

You’re immensely lucky to live where you do - thanks for sharing such lovely pictures of it with the rest of us!

eta: Penwith/Cornwall strikes me as very much like downeast Maine where I once lived - a place of extraordinary geographical beauty, but also great economic deprivation. You & Hen obviously are well situated to enjoy a comfortable retirement there, but it’s apparently one of the poorest places in the UK with very little opportunity for youth and some very bad statistics in terms of educational attainment, home ownership, poor health outcomes and very high divorce rates too. It’s sad that so many of the most beautiful places are so tough to live in - I saw a lot of that out in Montana, too.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob

Post by Gob »

Not a great shot, but our house is the white building at the back. Just two fields from the sea!

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob, thanks for bringing the beauty back!

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Gob wrote:Image
This is reminiscent of the Peak District in the Midlands.

Another hiker and photog's paradise.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Gob, tranquil and beautiful. Very nice.

Gob

Post by Gob »