Silk

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Silk

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I remember watching that movie years back. I don't remember the movie though.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

A Melbourne family is very happy living where they do, near the Melbourne airport (according to Jane Kennedy, it's "practically their back yard"). However, they are forced to leave their beloved home, by the Government and airport authorities. 'The Castle' is the story of how they fight to remain in their house, taking their case as far as the High Court. Written by Simon Quinn <G.Quinn@mailbox.uq.edu.au>

The Kerrigan family are a typical aussie "battler" family and living right next to the airport never seemed to be a problem for them until the airport wants to expand - on to their land. Their initial reaction is "f**k the airport" but it soon becomes obvious that airport is going to get its way - one way or another. This is Dale Kerrigan's story of their battle with the airport to keep their beloved house, along with "bloody good set of gates". Written by QarnoS <qarnos@mindless.com>
Wow, I sure hope that movie is more entertaining then that description....

It would almost have to be... 8-)
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

Jim, watch it if you get a chance, it is VERY very very funny. Some of the quotes from it have entered the Australian vernacular.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Sort of like the big lebowski?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

A lot more gentle comedy though.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Shut the fuck up Donnie
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Finally got around to watching the BBC series "Silk" on Hulu, and it is a very good show. Good characters/acting/writing. I like seeing how the British chambers work, at least on tv. There are worse ways to spend the pandemic (Food Network, I'm talking to you!).

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:35 pm
Guinevere wrote:I never watch lawyer shows, I find them annoying and not really enjoyable/relaxing.
Oh come on, you can't tell me you didn't love Boston Legal!
I just binged Boston Legal. I had multiple literal LOL moments not to mention cringe moments. :ok

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:11 pm
I just binged Boston Legal. I had multiple literal LOL moments not to mention cringe moments. :ok
I thought pairing Bill Shatner with James Spader was brilliant.
GAH!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I wish they had done more with the cross dresser. He was hilarious in his female role. Not since Geraldine/Flip Wilson have I enjoyed that particular mashup so much. Plus who knew William Shatner would be so hilarious.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Still haven’t watched an episode.

And Long Run — what took you so long? 🤣
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké