Shocking songs

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Shocking songs

Post by Gob »

A track by British dance act The Prodigy has been voted the most controversial song of all time in a new poll.

The band's 1997 offering, Smack My Bitch Up, topped the online poll of 1757 respondents by the Performing Right Society (PRS).

The single was banned by the UK's BBC network, which refused to show the sex and drug-filled video or play the song as part of chart rundowns, and attracted criticism from feminist groups.
Advertisement: Story continues below

It's now been voted ahead of the Sex Pistols' God Save The Queen and Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Eminem's Kim and Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine also made the top 10 list.

PRS chairman Ellis Rich says the results demonstrate the link between music and society.

"Many of these songs have achieved iconic status because of the controversy or because the record was banned," he said in a statement on the PRS website.

The top 10 most controversial songs:

1. Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy

2. God Save The Queen - The Sex Pistols

3. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

4. Kim - Eminem

5. Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine

6. Ebeneezer Goode - The Shamen

7. Suicide Solution - Ozzy Osbourne

8. Get Your Gunn - Marilyn Manson

9. Angel of Death - Slayer

10. Dear God - XTC

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 18868.html
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

loCAtek

Re: Shocking songs

Post by loCAtek »

What? That is so the censored version;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7j8e_ ... h-up_music

BTW NSFW
Last edited by loCAtek on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gob

Post by Gob »

And the version you have linked too lasts 1.14 min whereas the song lasts 4.33 min, there is no "uncensored" version on youtube as it has titties and drug use in it.

[spoiler]it's a girl doing all the bad stuff[/spoiler]
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Fixed that ... you lose the story of the video if you can't see the end.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Excellent.