the dummycrats

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
wesw

the dummycrats

Post by wesw »

....coming out this fall....

I haven t watched a movie since The Hobbit, but I m probably going to see Uncle Drew

reminds me of my youth, those were the same guys that were on the court back when I was called "little man"

:)

RayThom

the dummycrats

Post by RayThom »

Uncle Drew: Obviously a modern day take on the "Over-the-Hill Gang"

It appears to be marginally humorous but I can wait to see this. Maybe I'll view it if I'm given a studio code or DVD... maybe.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Re: the dummycrats

Post by wesw »

the dummycrats is coming soon.

tune in and learn, or plug your ears and remain ignorant

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Yep, I'm sure Diamond and Silk could teach us soooo much.

wesw

Post by wesw »

they could.

they are very smart.

watch Uncle Drew and the Friday movies and you will also learn a lot.

I m surprised that you are so elitist and closed minded.

but I m sure that you have many black friends so you can t be racist.

do you have any poor friends? any poor black friends?

sure you say, I love my trash men, I tip them every Christmas......

I love my cleaning lady.....

we have little men in all the time to do chores and I always give them coffee or iced tea.....

when trump wins, because of the black vote, maybe you ll open your mind.

but you ll probably say it is just the uneducated masses, like you do with the country type of folk.

get over yourself man

diamond and silk are as worthy and as smart and as articulate as you are.

only they have style and humour and courage.

they are heroes and you can t see the value.

what a shame.

catch them on lou dobbs sometime. he brings out the best in them, and he does not suffer fools of any race religion or party.

wes

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

fine, if you want to listen to them, be my guest. FWIW, there are a lot of people on all sides of the political spectrum I avoid listening to, they are not alone.

I am not about to defend myself and/or my choice of friends, but FWIW, I don't choose them by race, creed, or income. Likewise for clients I have represented, sometimes for substantially reduced, or even no, fees. what are you suddenly a black man (or somehow share a common cause with black men) because you watched Uncle Drew; did you think the same about the Cosby show before? Be real.

As for Trump winning "because of the black vote", why don't we wait to discuss that until it happens?

wesw

Post by wesw »

no, RR.

I m a white guy who has lived a life that you don t understand.

I watched uncle drew because the old men in that show were the same guys that I shared a basketball court with when I was 10 and they were men in their prime.

I enjoy the Friday series because I know those guys. I lived with those guys, I am friends with those guys.

diamond and silk remind me of people I know.

same reason as I like Last of the Summer Wine, because I know and grew up with people like that.

you are the one who sarcastically commented about diamond and silk

don t blame me for your superiortity complex.

wesw

Post by wesw »

and no, I did not identify with the cosby show.

too functional, and you see what was behind the scenes now.....

I only watched cosby to see lisa bonet.....

va va voom!!!!!!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

what, you are so superior you didn't like Cosby?

Face it, people like what they like, and my dislike of Diamond and Silk has no basis in a feeling of superiority, racism, or even their politics, I just don't like them (FWIW, I don't like Samantha Bee much either, and I'm not a big fan of Michael Moore--although I did like Fahrenheit 911). As for uncle Drew, I went through about 6 weeks of hell doing a product placement and promotion deal with their production company, so I can't even bear to think about it, let alone watch it.

Come off your high horse, this is a free country and we can watch and enjoy what we choose; everything is not a value judgment. I am sure there are plenty of things I like that you might detest, and that is fine with me; it has nothing to do with any sort of elitism or racism. I am not sure why you think it does or why you are offended when someone doesn't share your likes and dislikes.