Fenella Fielding will vamp no more

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
ex-khobar Andy

Fenella Fielding will vamp no more

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

For guys of a certain age and of UK extraction, there was no more seductive an actress (as we used to call them) than Fenella Fielding who has died, aged 90.

I don't suppose she would ever be listed among the greats like Judi Dench and Julie Walters and Cherie Lunghi (OK I'm biased about Cherie Lunghi, always have been) and Maggie Smith but she could turn a young man's head. In my case literally. University of Sussex refectory, 1969-ish, having dinner with a friend. I heard that voice. There was no doubt in my mind - it wasn't 'Oh that woman sounds just like Fenella Fielding' but 'Where's Fenella?' She was there at the next table.

I restrained the impulse to make a fool of myself and left her alone. But I can still hear that voice.

Sue U

Re: Fenella Fielding will vamp no more

Post by Sue U »

Sorry for you loss, XKA. She seems to have been quite a hoot.
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Fenella Fielding will vamp no more

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Goodness gracious - I'd quite forgotten Ms. Fielding. You're quite right, ex-KA.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts