Not so elementary . . .

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
BoSoxGal

Not so elementary . . .

Post by BoSoxGal »

Rotten Tomatoes rating of 7%, Rolling Stone says it might not be legal to call it comedy, people are walking out of the theaters in droves, apparently.

It can be so sad when copyrights expire.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Not so elementary...

Post by RayThom »

This flick looks abysmal.

For some strange reason Will Ferrell always appears to be in demand yet, IMHO, almost everything he touches turns to shit. Maybe Hollywood hires him so the studios can turn his flops into hefty yearly tax write-offs.

On the other hand, John C. Reilly is always critically acclaimed -- a character actor extraordinaire. I can't imagine his loyalty to Ferrell being so deep as to subject himself to being so second rate.

I need to see less Ferrell and more Reilly.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Long Run

Re: Not so elementary...

Post by Long Run »

RayThom wrote: I need to see less Ferrell

Lord Jim

Re: Not so elementary . . .

Post by Lord Jim »

I like Will Ferrell, but that really does look wretched...(If I want a comedic take on Sherlock and John I'll go with the witty and clever Seven Percent Solution...)

It looks like a really bad Mel Brooks-type movie; like it came from the mind of Seth Rogen... ("No Shit Sherlock!" how clever of the writers to think of going there...)

The saddest part is that when putting together a film trailer, film promoters try to take clips from the best parts of the movie to try to draw in the customers...

If that juvenile horse puckey is the best that this movie has to offer, I don't even want to think about what the worst parts must look like... :?

ImageImageImage

Long Run

Re: Not so elementary . . .

Post by Long Run »

Apparently Welcome to Marwen is getting panned too.

RayThom

Not so elementary...

Post by RayThom »

Long Run wrote:Apparently Welcome to Marwen is getting panned too.
'Welcome to Marwen', 'Vice', 'Beautiful Boy'... critics are overdosing on uncut Carell, no doubt.

'Vice' will probably -- hopefully -- be the best of the three.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”