Arts? Hardware? Lifestyle?

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:shrug Whatever.... :lol:

All I know is he filled my Saturday mornings with laughter.

An Invitation From Car Talk
  • Dear Colleagues, Former Colleagues, Estranged Colleagues, Street Bums, Ne'er-do-wells, Listeners, Former Listeners, and Friends of Car Talk:

On Friday afternoon, June 28, 2019, the City of Cambridge will unveil a plaque in honor of Tom Magliozzi in Harvard Square, on what would have been his 82nd birthday.

The unveiling will be followed by music, food, and, in honor of Tom, a general waste of time.

Additionally, the re-developers of the building that housed the Dewey, Cheetham & Howe offices for nearly 30 years will make a commitment to preserving the DCH window in perpetuity, making Car Talk a permanent fixture in Harvard Square.

We hope you and your friends and partners will come by. The event is scheduled to start at 5:30 where Brattle Street curves in the middle of the square. The Car Talk gang looks forward to seeing you there.

Doug Berman

Esteemed Producer
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Arts? Hardware? Lifestyle?

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I don't know if it necessarily filled my mornings with laughter, but if it weren't for Car Talk (and the late, lamented Cafe d'Arte) I'd never have met some of you people.  :lol:
Or Katherine. :cry:
And you can make out of that whatever you want.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Re: Arts? Hardware? Lifestyle?

Post by BoSoxGal »

Thanks for sharing that! I might attend, if I can get past my loathing of crowds.

I loved my Saturday mornings with Tom & Ray - they were, along with the evenings with the gang at PHC, some of the happiest hours of my adult life.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Is Ray officiating in any capacity?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”