The First Horse Warriors

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
liberty

The First Horse Warriors

Post by liberty »

This Wednesday at least in my area Nova on PBS will present the “The First Horse Warriors”. Check it out you might learn something. I know nothing about the program’s content, but I can make some pretty good guesses:

There won’t be any mention of the Aryans and maybe not even their invasion of south Asia. They are too closely related to NAZI’s. It doesn’t matter that there was no connection between the NAZIs and the Aryan except what the NAZIs invented.

There might not even be any mention of the ……………
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Re: The First Horse Warriors

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Liberty - if you are truly interested in the history of the area, I can recommend The Silk Roads - a new history of the world which takes a look at how civilizations and empires developed based on their trading roots (and routes) in South Asia. A fascinating read. I got it for Christmas from a friend who knows me well. It's the kind of thing you can dip into a chapter or so at a time.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I know nothing
Refreshing honesty!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

I do tell the truth, but I believe that is what should be call lying by omission:
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
I know nothing
Refreshing honesty!
Have you been taking lessons from “SFB”?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:Liberty - if you are truly interested in the history of the area, I can recommend The Silk Roads - a new history of the world which takes a look at how civilizations and empires developed based on their trading roots (and routes) in South Asia. A fascinating read. I got it for Christmas from a friend who knows me well. It's the kind of thing you can dip into a chapter or so at a time.
Thanks Andy, I ordered the book.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:I do tell the truth, but I believe that is what should be call lying by omission:
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
I know nothing
Refreshing honesty!
Have you been taking lessons from “SFB”?
I call it a joke* - probably too much Jon Snow on my mind. And you're right; it wasn't refreshing.

:P

*but my wife says, "No, it wasn't a joke. Jokes are funny".
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Being married to you for a number of years, I imagine she's had a lot of practice using that line... :P
Last edited by Lord Jim on Tue May 14, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Would very much like to meet your wife.
:lol:
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol: :ok