Two good thrillers

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Two good thrillers

Post by Gob »

These have probably been done here, but just in case.

Hen and I have just binge watched;

Line of duty

Killing Eve

Gentlemen, the lass playing "Eve" is the most "inspiring" young actress on TV right now...

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Re: Two good thrillers

Post by Lord Jim »

Season 5 of Line Of Duty just became available over here on Acorn Monday...

Great suspense and plot twists, we watched the first 3 episodes of the latest last night, planning to finish either tonight or tomorrow night...

Also a Killing Eve fan; season 2 started a few weeks ago on BBC America...

In fact I'm enough of a Killing Eve fan to know that's not a photo of Eve... 8-)

That's her psychopath foil, (and now apparently partner...like Luther and Alice, their relationship is complicated...) Villanelle, (Jodie Comer)...
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

Whoops! MY bad Jim, that is indeed Villanelle/Oxana Vorontsova.

Though I stand by my assertion that she is still the tastiest thing on TV.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Killing Eve's Jodie Comer pays emotional tribute to Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Stephen Graham after BAFTA TV win

Killing Eve's Jodie Comer gave an emotional speech, as she accepted the BAFTA for Leading Actress.

In the category, Comer was up against Killing Eve co-star Sandra Oh, Bodyguard's Keeley Hawes and Mrs Wilson's Ruth Wilson.

Accepting her award from Steve Coogan, an emotional Comer began: "Thank you so much, BAFTA. Sorry, I'm the only one who's turned on the waterworks."

She then thanked the show's writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge, saying: "Pheeb, I feel so lucky not only to say that I have worked with you, but to call you a friend. You are the most talented person I know. Thank you for being such an inspiration."

Comer also thanked Line of Duty's Stephen Graham for helping her start her acting career several years ago.

"I want to take this moment to thank Stephen Graham. Stephen, if I didn't owe you a pint before, I definitely do now. Thank you for the generosity you showed me all them years ago," she said.

After thanking her mum, dad and brother, she then paid a special tribute to her grandmother, who sadly never got to see her in the BBC drama.

"I would love to dedicate this to my nana Frances, who sadly passed away the first week of filming. She never got to see Villanelle, but she was the life and soul of everything," she said.

"When she was here she used to say, 'You get it off me, you know?' And I just want to stand up here tonight and say nana Frances, you were right all along."
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a27446995 ... bafta-win/
ImageImageImage