YESTERDAY

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

YESTERDAY

Post by Econoline »

My wife and I just saw the film Yesterday (by director Danny Boyle) and it was wonderful. If you remember and love the music of the Beatles, you have to see this.

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Re: YESTERDAY

Post by Joe Guy »

I just got back from seeing it about half an hour ago. It’s a very good movie. The more you like the Beatles, the more you will appreciate the movie.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Don't miss the name of the upside down boat in one of the final scenes.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

RayThom

YESTERDAY

Post by RayThom »

MGMcAnick wrote:Don't miss the name of the upside down boat in one of the final scenes.
I can't imagine what it might be. Do you have a clue for us or do I need to watch the movie again?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
MGMcAnick wrote:Don't miss the name of the upside down boat in one of the final scenes.
I can't imagine what it might be. Do you have a clue for us or do I need to watch the movie again?
Someone already put it up on IMDb under "Trivia" for this movie .... although they did have the courtesy to label it a possible spoiler.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?