The Dark Side of Pink Floyd.

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

The Dark Side of Pink Floyd.

Post by Gob »

We saw a tribute act last night, and "The Dark Side of Pink Floyd", were, rather good I have to say.

Lovely to hear all the old faves played live, (the only bits I wasn't familiar with were off "The Division Bell.") They did "Echoes" in it's entirety, and that was a real nostalgia fest.

Obviously, if you're going to pull off such a night, then you have to be a bloody good musician, and the guy doing Dave Gilmore's guitar parts was absolutely stunning. Brilliant use of lighting, and back projection, lovely backing vocals, and they introduced some theatre with a guy playing the school master in "Brick in the Wall", and the lunatic on the grass etc.

The audience were all "of a certain age", and some looked like they had bought all their clothes in 1967.

The setting, in our local Penlee Park added immensely to the atmosphere. Even though Pink Floyd are not big on my play lists these days, (far to modern,) I would see them again.

So, anyone else got any tribute bands they have seen and would recommend?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”