He Didn't Need This

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
RayThom

He Didn't Need This

Post by RayThom »

RIP, Ric.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Re: He Didn't Need This

Post by BoSoxGal »

Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek in the same weekend - I’m beginning to understand why middle aged people are so cranky; it’s hard not to get glum as you watch the icons of your youth dying all around you.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Their music lives on, still providing enjoyment. And in Ocasek's case, he will continue to be a popular crossword answer. But yes, their mortality is ours.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek in the same weekend - I’m beginning to understand why middle aged people are so cranky; it’s hard not to get glum as you watch the icons of your youth dying all around you.
That explains your occasional outbursts of crotchetiness then ... oldies like you have already seen all of the icons of their youth pass on before them.
(and remember — I'm just trying to be comical here, so lighten up and ease off before you blow a gasket.  You should know by now how hard it is to find parts like that for you older models..... :lol: )
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Who they?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

This one is Ric....

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Even so . . . but thanks. Must have been the day after the day the music died. :lol:

Oh wait - Two Tickets to Paradise. I kind of remember that. My daughter's music days really; bit before Prince I guess.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

That’s a bigger hit - but I liked the video of the one I posted. Also hard time finding Eddie Money’s original videos.

I came of age when video killed the radio star. ;)
~ Carl Sagan