My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Re: My hobby

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Yesterday...

This morning...

Gob

Post by Gob »

Rather special sunrise, here on the manor this morning.
If circumstance were different, I 'd love to drive out and get some other foregrounds for them, but I will be good.
I'd love to get a picture with the sun rising directly behind St Buryan Church, (can be seen towards the bottom left in the image below.)

Gob

Post by Gob »

Seen in the fields out the back, yesterday evening.

This morning was all like...

Gob

Post by Gob »

and this morning was..

Gob

Post by Gob »

One of my lock-down "worthwhile time use" strategies is to learn new Photoshop techniques. Not cheating ones, just enhancement ones. Though there is a fine line...

As I cannot get out, due to a poorly pooch, to get new snaps to work with, I'm redoing some old shots with the new skills learned.

Gob

Post by Gob »

red4x.jpg

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Fake views! Fake views!

Actually, good on yer.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

These are so beautiful. Time well spent.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm sure you've told us; but what kind of camera are you using? Do you have a number of lenses or do you stick with one?

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:28 am
I'm sure you've told us; but what kind of camera are you using? Do you have a number of lenses or do you stick with one?
I use an old and battered Canon 5D mkIII, with two lenses, 17-40 mm wide angle for landscapes, and a 70-300 mm for wildlife/sports.

Thinking of buying a Sony A7R III in the not too distant future.

Gob

Post by Gob »

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

That is awesome.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I think I see Jesus Christ peeking through a hole in the clouds in the distance.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

OMG I SEE HIM TOO! He’s wearing a crown!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Gob probably thinks it's Willem Defoe.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

It looks more like Jesus wearing a sea turtle on his head.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

:loon :loon You must be the same sort of people who claim to see the BVM in a grilled cheese sandwich.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Gouda works in mysterious ways.