My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: My hobby

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

More like the whopper. . .
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Gob wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:39 am
The Whooper of Sennen Cove... However, on one occasion two intrepid fishermen managed to make their way out to sea by beating their way through the mist. Neither they nor the Whooper were ever seen again.
Probably two guys fed up with their wives who ran off with a couple of Sirens of little virtue.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:27 pm

The Brisons are said to look like "Charles De Galle in the bath."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would say Alfred Hitchcock!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

If I ever win the lottery I’m buying a cottage in Cornwall, probably in your neighborhood. (Don’t worry, I won’t expect you to meet me at the pub.)
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Yes, Gob must be an honorary member of the area tourism council by now. Pretty inspiring work.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yeah but he secretly drives into Somerset for his best pics

:o
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:49 am

:o
Somerset is as flat as witch's tit, no point going there.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:49 am
I'll never tell. Maugham's the word.

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Block out the sea and those rocks look like a health poop to me.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:18 pm
Block out the sea and those rocks look like a health poop to me.
Not according to this —

Which, by the way, is called the Bristol Stool Scale, named for the Bristol Royal Infirmary where it was developed in 1997 as a clinical assessment tool, and is widely used as a research tool as well as a clinical communication aid to evaluate the effectiveness of treatments for various diseases of the bowel, including being part of the diagnostic triad for irritable bowel syndrome.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Okay, so those rocks look like some severe and some mild constipation.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Lovely walk with the chaps around the Watch Croft and Carn Galva area, one I've been meaning to do for a long while. A bit "peopley" up there for my tastes, but we cannot keep it all to ourselves, (much as I would want to!)

And, just for Sue

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Nice - the effect of the grasses leaning left as the trees appear to trend right! Nice contrast with the clouds looking as if they are going nowhere.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Cheers Meade!

Gob

Post by Gob »

A walk to Pendeen yesterday...

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Pendeen: Pic #2...

Is that a cairn, or a chimney?

There appears to be a circle of stones around the structure. What am I looking at here?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

My guess is an old tin works?