My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Sue U

Re: My hobby

Post by Sue U »

These are all beautiful and dramatic, Gob, but I'd like to see more silly dogs, please.
GAH!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Your wish, etc etc

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

So sweet!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Helo, pupper frens!

I see the doggos have taken to brooding, to match the weather and landscapes no doubt.
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Sue U wrote:I see the doggos have taken to brooding.
But... but... I thought they were 'fixed'?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Sue U wrote:These are all beautiful and dramatic, Gob, but I'd like to see more silly dogs, please.
Here's one for you, Sue:

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Gob wrote:Image
When you saw only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you...
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Good boys!
ex-khobar Andy wrote:Here's one for you, Sue:

This is why Boris Johnson, for all his many many personal and political faults, is not irredeemable as a human being. (And also why Donald Trump is.)
GAH!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Now you've got it! This is my favorite of all.
GAH!

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Gob wrote: Not a great shot, but our house is the white building at the back. Just two fields from the sea!
I had not realized that your pictures were too big for my screen until I went looking for the white house. By making them smaller, their quality improved greatly. Now that I have re-viewed them in a smaller size, I can see why everyone was praising them so much. They are indeed, quite good,
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Hen and Hatch, Marazion beach. St Michael's Mount in the background.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Good work, keep them coming!

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Gob, is this stone circle monument prehistoric, or something fairly new to attract the tourists?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

In Cornwall it's the same thing
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom wrote:Gob, is this stone circle monument prehistoric, or something fairly new to attract the tourists?
Here you go Ray.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

"heavily restored prehistoric"

See, Ray? Told ya!