My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Re: My hobby

Post by Gob »

Nice circular walk with the chaps today. Chapel Carn Brea, Bartniney Castle, Cear Bran, Brane Cross, Carn Euny Iron Age village, Carn Euny Holy Well, and back.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

pk13.jpg

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Seeing those stair treads makes me pause and ponder just how many hundreds of thousands of people had to have climbed up and down that staircase, and over how many score of years, to cause that much wear.

Supposedly, the oldest building in America (with the exception of the ruins of the Anasazi cliff dwellings, primarily found in the southwestern states of Arizona and New Mexico) is the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and dates back to the early 1600s.... merely a generation ago by comparison to some of the structures to be found in England and Europe.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

I've was visiting friends in that area last weekend, I took that in Well's Cathedral, (built 1176–c. 1450.)

Here's a couple more.
pk15.jpg
pk14.jpg

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:36 am
Seeing those stair treads makes me pause and ponder just how many hundreds of thousands of people had to have climbed up and down that staircase, and over how many score of years, to cause that much wear.

Supposedly, the oldest building in America (with the exception of the ruins of the Anasazi cliff dwellings, primarily found in the southwestern states of Arizona and New Mexico) is the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and dates back to the early 1600s.... merely a generation ago by comparison to some of the structures to be found in England and Europe.
-"BB"-
There are some stairs like that in the oldest part of the Capitol building in DC, I remember walking on them as a kid 40+ years ago and the tour guide pointing out the wear and slope to the marble stair steps from generations of heavy foot traffic.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Haven't put one up for a while, (I've had a few good'n's, but been lazy in hosting them,) but thought this one was worth sharing. (Cut down from original large file.)
cbm6.jpg

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

:ok