My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:"heavily restored prehistoric"

See, Ray? Told ya!
Might this be seen as 'revisionist prehistory?'
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Re: My hobby

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Or George Washington's original ax. Handle's only been replaced five times and the ax-head twice.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I love this. Multiple images, stitched together, or a single shot?
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Yes, two thumbs up :ok :ok

Gob

Post by Gob »

Guinevere wrote:I love this. Multiple images, stitched together, or a single shot?
My thanks! It's a single shot. The light was reflecting off the wet sand when the tide went out.

Looking the other way...

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Just beautiful!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Is that St Michael's Mount in the background? For some reason I thought you were on the other side of Cornwall. Having said that, it's only 10 miles or so across near that bottom end.

ETA: I looked back through some of the older photos in this thread and answered my own question: yes that is St Michael's Mount.

Gob

Post by Gob »

It is indeed mate... Great place, as NT members we visit it often.

Lovely morning, though we do have a storm forecast for the weekend.

This is the view from my back door, the wall is an enclosure wall. Our house dates from 1875, but the walls are part of the old manor holdings, and may date back to the 1500's.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Nice view. I'd never heard the term "enclosure wall" but you learn something new every day at Plan B.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob's been oppressing the peasants . . .

Wiki she say:
The Enclosure Movement was a push in the 18th and 19th centuries to take land that had formerly been owned in common by all members of a village, or at least available to the public for grazing animals and growing food, and change it to privately owned land, usually with walls, fences or hedges around it
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Dogs at the beach = the best

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Oh what a beautiful pup!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Guinevere wrote:Oh what a beautiful pup!

Her name is Maris, she's our good friends dog. We're looking after her while her owners are spending a month in Australia.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Storm Ciara hits our village

Gob

Post by Gob »

Catching up a bit....

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob

Post by Gob »

Our beach last night. Hen & I took what will possibly be our last romantic stroll on it, for a long time, last night.

Gob

Post by Gob »

I was lying, we took another..