My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Re: My hobby

Post by Gob »

Tin mine ventilation shaft.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Pic 1 - Is that the Leaning Tower of Pendeen?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Pendeen lighthouse mate.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Did the walk between Bottalack and Cape Cornwall today, and got rained on again! I must admit that the post-industrial architecture down that way is going to provide many hours of entertainment, (for me anyway.)

Fans of the recent Poldark series may recognise the Crowns Mines used in that production. The mines went 2 miles out under the sea, in places the miners could hear the sea tides rattling pebbles on the sea bed too close above them.

RayThom

My Hobby

Post by RayThom »

Pic #3: is that the prototype for the Einstein–Rosen bridge portal device?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Don't know what breed he is (no horns - Angus??) but he looks pissed. How long is your lens? I'm assuming you were at least 15 m (50 feet) from him and hoping you were more like 25 or 30 m away. 200 mm?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I'm assuming you were at least 15 m (50 feet) from him
On the plus side, if the bovine gets mad and tramples him, Gob's family can get a six-figure settlement. 8-)

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

He's not in Austria; he not even in the EU anymore.

(But I'm sure he's got plenty of long telephoto glass for just this sort of situation.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The bird looks very British. It would also look normal smoking a pipe.

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:09 pm
Don't know what breed he is (no horns - Angus??) but he looks pissed. How long is your lens? I'm assuming you were at least 15 m (50 feet) from him and hoping you were more like 25 or 30 m away. 200 mm?
Nope, I got close enough to touch him. He was docile. I live on a beef/dairy farm, I'm ok around stock.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Long Run wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 pm

On the plus side, if the bovine gets mad and tramples him, Gob's family can get a six-figure settlement. 8-)
I don't think so, even though the field has a designated public footpath through it, it's a case of "at your own risk" around here. I'm sure the farmer would be wise enough to not put dangerous bulls in a field with public access.

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 am
Long Run wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 pm

I don't think so, even though the field has a designated public footpath through it, it's a case of "at your own risk" around here. I'm sure the farmer would be wise enough to not put dangerous bulls in a field with public access.
Don't feel so assured. More walkers killed by cows in the UK than by bulls. Farm workers OTOH are more likely to succumb to bulls
Where recorded, 91% of HSE reported fatalities on the public were caused by cows with calves; only one death involved a bull, and even this was unproven in court. Of all attacks, we found that 48% were caused by (unspecified) herds, followed by single cows (22%), cows and calves (20%), heifers (7%), and one bull attack (2%).
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob

Post by Gob »

Impromptu stroll over to Porthgwarra and back with the chaps today. Lovely light /clouds about, got a few tasty snaps.

Lovely sky out the back of the Manor last night.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob

Post by Gob »

The sun came out, so I took a walk up the hill with the chaps.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Arfing good!