My hobby

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
BoSoxGal

Re: My hobby

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 am
:loon :loon You must be the same sort of people who claim to see the BVM in a grilled cheese sandwich.

-"BB"-
Nah, that’s not the Virgin Mary - that’s Claudette Colbert.

Or Jesus - without a beard.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

I should sell this to an American Evangelist!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

You talented bastard you.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Not talent, a good eye and a pleasure in "developing" images in Photoshop. But thank you for the compliment!!

From yesterday's development session

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Do you ever submit any images to publications like Nat Geo?

Your "good eye" needs to be shared more universally.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

Nope mate, I never submit nor print off.

It's a hobby. If anyone wants the image files, I give them away free.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Making up for the music, eh?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I know they have wild ponies on Dartmoor but that's up the road a way from you there in Cornshire. Is that wild (I believe semi-feral is the proper designation) and if so do they have them where you are?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Dartmoor ponies are bought at the annual drifts, and brought to many areas of the UK as they are very good at keeping scrubland from getting over grown. We have four local herds on West Penwith Moorland. They are, as you say, semi-feral, and are moved around, (normally by the National Trust,) as they are needed.

https://www.forevercornwall.co.uk/finding-wild-ponies/

Gob

Post by Gob »

Lock-down ain't so bad, when you can stroll out your back door, and walk to this within 5 mins...

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Land, sea, and air.

Nice focal point. A visual contrast and compare exercise.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Darren

Post by Darren »

Gob wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:42 am
Does that flower normally grow wild there or is it a survivor near an abandoned house.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I think it's a wild foxglove.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Andy nailed it. Grows in profusion around here.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Yes, nice work Gob. Keep it up! :ok

Gob

Post by Gob »

Rather a louring sky over Chapel Carn Brea tonight. I had intended to have a change of scenery and go to Nanjulian, but they've closed the car park off there.

You'd think they would make an exception for a renowned local photographer*, wouldn't you?

*me.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Inspired by a post on Facebook, I took the chaps up to Chun Quoit for our first proper "eased lock-down" stroll this afternoon. Lovely to be back out that way.

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom

My hobby

Post by RayThom »

Gob, interesting. There's never an unclouded day in your neck of the woods, and always a great study in shadows and light.

Are these rock formations ancient, or merely a modern day arrangement to look somewhat prehistoric in order to attract visitors?