Gahan Wilson is gone

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Burning Petard

Gahan Wilson is gone

Post by Burning Petard »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html

If anyone ever writes my biography, important influences must include Al Capp, Gahan Wilson, Gary Larson.

snailgate

Big RR

Re: Gahan Wilson is gone

Post by Big RR »

I remember him from Playboy--his cartoons always had an edgy feel, which I enjoyed. Not sure when he retired (or if he did, I am not WP subscriber so I can't read the link) but it's been a long time since I heard his name; rest in peace.

RayThom

Gahan Wilson is gone...

Post by RayThom »

... or is he?

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I remember him from National Lampoon, and a couple of collections of his cartoons.

Sorry to hear he's passed...
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lord Jim wrote:I remember him from National Lampoon, and a couple of collections of his cartoons.

Sorry to hear he's passed...
I think some of his stuff showed up in Playboy as well.

I miss the NatLamp, although in its later years it had already lost much of its edge and was far removed from what it had been.  Kind of like what has happened to Mad magazine, which is also a shadow of its former self.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?