Cats

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
MGMcAnick

Re: Cats... the movie

Post by MGMcAnick »

RayThom wrote:It has been rated "1 Litter Box With No Pooper Scooper" by the ASPCA.
Is the ASPCA trying to protect cats or CATS?
https://www.activistfacts.com/organizat ... als-aspca/
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Cats

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

TPFKA@W

Re: Cats... the movie

Post by TPFKA@W »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:54 am
RayThom wrote:It has been rated "1 Litter Box With No Pooper Scooper" by the ASPCA.
Is the ASPCA trying to protect cats or CATS?
https://www.activistfacts.com/organizat ... als-aspca/
I have been aware of the ASPCA's lack of doing anything I would wish to contribute money to for some time. It's is a common theme among big dollar charities that includes Susan Korman, Goodwill and many others. I give locally. Our life insurance is marked for the the EFRC near us. I send dog and cat food via Amazon to our local shelter when the call goes out that it is needed. More bang for my bucks that way.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's true of most big charities, I agree; however, I do recall (from my research) in NJ, that there are ASPCA (or is it NJSPCA?) officers who exist to file complaints against owners and others abusing animals and bring complaints. I'm not sure what the jurisdiction/powers of the "officers" are, but I had a client who had pets he didn't properly care for (I won't go into details, buthe ultimately entered into consent judgment and gave up his animals, and was placed on probation before a municipal judge, but he faced a disorderly person charge which could have resulted in jail); the charges were brought by one of these "officers". I think that is a good use of at least some of the funds as animal control cannot be everywhere and police generally do not look to enforce animal cruelty laws.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

We have a county wide animal control which is tax funded wholly I believe. I don't think there is any association with ASPCA.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I am sorry, but I misspoke; apparently the NJSPCA enforcement powers were termiate by Governor Christie in 2018, and now state, county, and local law enforcement authorities are responsible for enforcing animal cruelty laws. I came across them 4-5 years ago representing a few clients in court against such charges.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:49 pm
I am sorry, but I misspoke
Don't ever let it happen again.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Trust me, it will. Of course, I can be like our president and just deny I ever said/wrote/ thought that.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts