Had Occasion To See An Episode Of A Show I hadn't Seen In Years...

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

The Invaders..

I was a big fan of the show when I was a kid...

It runs late on Saturday nights on METV...This episode was a pretty good one; Michael Rennie played an alien commander...

One thing that struck me that I had forgotten is that the show had some of the spookiest and most unnerving background music of any show in TV history, before or since...

I don't know who wrote and produced those background musical scores, but they really did a helluva job...
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Yep, the music sure is creepy.

You mention Michael Rennie, I don't think this is the same version you're talking about, However.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Re: Had Occasion To See An Episode Of A Show I hadn't Seen In Years...

Post by Lord Jim »

No, it was a different episode...

This was the episode:
The aliens take David Vincent up into their spaceship and then attempt to prove they have nothing but peaceful intentions by showing him what they've done to a desert valley. But all is not what it seems.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0611997/
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Had Occasion To See An Episode Of A Show I hadn't Seen In Years...

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I recall having seen an episode or two back in the day, and if I remember correctly it was produced by Quinn Martin's QM Productions; the same people who did "Twelve O'Clock High", "The FBI", "The Fugitive", "Barnaby Jones", and "Cannon", among others.  You could always tell a QM Production because the shows were generally broken up into four segments ('acts') and an epilogue, and there was always a label at the beginning of each segment identifying it as such.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:23 am
I recall having seen an episode or two back in the day, and if I remember correctly it was produced by Quinn Martin's QM Productions; the same people who did "Twelve O'Clock High", "The FBI", "The Fugitive", "Barnaby Jones", and "Cannon", among others.  You could always tell a QM Production because the shows were generally broken up into four segments ('acts') and an epilogue, and there was always a label at the beginning of each segment identifying it as such.
BB, hit the vid start button on the episode I posted above and at 2:40 you'll see exactly what you recall having seen.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”