Foreign films you've liked.

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Darren

Re: Foreign films you've liked.

Post by Darren »

I don't normally recommend Russian films unless you like unhappy endings. If that's the case, let me know.

This one is Ukrainian which has somewhat of a surprise ending as the main character goes from depression and a plan to commit to suicide to maybe there's hope after all.

"I come from a russian family, and my parents love watching russian movies. I hate them! I hate them all! I can't stand it when they turn on the russian channel. Last night i was watching Showtime when i came across a russian voice! I started to wonder...if Showtime is showing this movie then it must be decent! I watched it from start to finish, and rarely read the subtitles (i only needed to read them when they spoke to fast). I thought it was a good movie. I really thought the ending was funny, and ironic. Give it a try...even if you hate russian flicks."

Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Gob

Re: Foreign films you've liked.

Post by Gob »

the main character goes from depression and a plan to commit to suicide to maybe there's hope after all.
If he get's to lay the girl walking upstairs there's no wonder he has hope!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”