Diana Rigg has died

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
ex-khobar Andy

Diana Rigg has died

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

82, of cancer. My generation first noticed her as Emma Peel in The Avengers. But she's been a mainstay of stage and film since. She was a wonderful Mrs Danvers in Rebecca. And, I might add, absolutely beautiful.

Gob

Re: Diana Rigg has died

Post by Gob »

RIP Ms Rigg, thanks for the teenage thrills....

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

My main memory is of her as host of Masterpiece Mystery. Kind of missed her younger years. Obviously, Game of Thrones was a good gig at the end of her career.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

She now has all the time in the world.

I too remember her and her cat suits in the original "Avengers", but when they replaced Mrs. Peel with Ms. Tara King (Linda Thorson) I think it was a move for the better.

Frankly, I think her best role was in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" as Countess Teresa 'Tracy' di Vicenzo opposite George Lazenby's turn as James Bond.  She will, for all time, be the one Bond girl that meant more to the master spy than a 'sweet distraction for an hour or so'.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Emma Peel was the first woman I had a crush on; and I loved her in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (my favorite Bond film--she had a lot to do with it). Was she really 82? This really bums me out.

as an aside, I recently read her name was chosen because they wanted someone with man or M appeal. Can't vouch for it, but it made me smile.