The Crown

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
ex-khobar Andy

The Crown

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Been watching The Crown on Netflix. I see from the Guardian that there is a move afoot in Britain to label the series with some sort of warning that it is a drama and not supposed to be a documentary.

From the piece:
Currently viewers are warned that the show contains nudity, sex, violence and suicide references, and is suitable for viewers aged 15 and above.
In the US, we see:
Rated TV-MA. Sex, nudity, language, smoking. For Mature Audiences. May not be suitable for ages 17 and under.
So British 15 year olds can see it but you have to wait until you are 18 in the US. Interesting.

BTW I must have nodded off during the sex and nudity. I think we saw Princess Anne in her bra but I'm not sure it's been any racier than that. Did I miss it? Charles in his kecks? Did the Queen Mum do a striptease which I missed? Inquiring minds want to know.

Scooter

Re: The Crown

Post by Scooter »

I can't recall anything even approaching nudity in the current season. Last season there was a scene with Lord Snowdon photographing Princess Margaret in the bath, but everything visible was definitely from above the nipples. There might have been a shot of Tony in the shower through frosted glass, if I'm even remembering that correctly.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown