Shock horror X rated Xmas card....

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Guinevere

Re: Shock horror X rated Xmas card....

Post by Guinevere »

Women never call it “abuse.”
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That because, unlike Onan, it doesn't result in their seed being spilled on the ground (of course they spill their seed monthly, but that doesn't count, apparently). Men abuse their very souls by this seed spilling (if I'm not mistaken, I recall reading a treatise that John Wesley write which stated this).In fact, god slew Onan for his seed spilling as I recall.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yeah, kinda. Rather than the spillage, per se, It reads as a punishment for not providing his deceased brother Er (very human) with a child as firstborn heir via Tamar (a river close to Gob) as required by levirate law. Instead of impregnating her, Onan chose to disobey God's rule and pull out, planning to remain the sole heir of his brother's estate.

If only Fred and Mary Anne had followed that example all their lives
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I understand your point Meade (and that is indeed what he was doing), but many protestant theologians, like Wesley, have used this passage to condemn masturbation as a sin because it removes the seed from god's procreative mission for it (or something like that); it also underlies the RC rejection of birth control as I understand it.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

However, there is ONE little loophole.....

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:30 pm
I understand your point Meade (and that is indeed what he was doing), but many protestant theologians, like Wesley, have used this passage to condemn masturbation as a sin because it removes the seed from god's procreative mission for it (or something like that); it also underlies the RC rejection of birth control as I understand it.

Indeed, but I don't give much credence to error, no matter which famous names espouse it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... #Methodism
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Can't argue with that.