Rick Stein's Cornwall

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

Rick Stein's Cornwall

Post by Gob »

I don't know if this will be shown over there, but episode 14 was filmed on the farm I live on. Rick Stein interviews my neighbour,( and mate,) the author Patrick Gale.
Cornwall is different to anywhere else in the world. Crossing the Tamar for our holidays to Cornwall from Devon was like going into another country and in the car on our way to Padstow we were driving through an enchanted land, capped for my sister and me by seeing the sea at Trevose Head for the first time. Now, after so many years of living here, it still does feel different. I want to try and explain that difference, to tell you what Cornwall means to me.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Re: Rick Stein's Cornwall

Post by TPFKA@W »

I checked on YouTube and could only find up to episode 10. Drat. Anyone else find where one could view episode 14?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It looks like it hasn't been released yet. Try again in about a week.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bless yer fuzzy little heart.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

You can always count on me, @W...

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Abacus Joe, the Guy you can always count on.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I finally found this on YouTube and watched it. (Sorry Joe, your linked site only works if you live across the pond.)

I was absolutely amazed that I understood every word everyone said. I expected to need subtitles.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Where on youtube? Got'a link please?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This website has all 15 episodes in full; you can use the search function to toggle between episodes as they don’t seem to be indexed in order.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yk0gc
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Gob wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:37 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Mst2TCnf8&t=1288s

Gob

Post by Gob »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 pm
Gob wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:37 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Mst2TCnf8&t=1288s
Unfortunately.
Video unavailable
This video contains content from Endemol International BV Parent, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:01 pm
This website has all 15 episodes in full; you can use the search function to toggle between episodes as they don’t seem to be indexed in order.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yk0gc
Thank you.

Gob

Post by Gob »