Harrow

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Long Run

Harrow

Post by Long Run »

Also have watched most of Harrow, and Australian offering on Hulu. He's a House-like personality, more likeable, who is a pathologist that goes above and beyond in crime solving. Pretty good plots and characters, and fills a niche in the crime solving spectrum.

Gob

Re: Harrow

Post by Gob »

Just watching "Unforgotten" on Netflix, enjoyable "whodunit".

They've done an American version for those who do not like foreign stuff.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 am
They've done an American version for those who do not like foreign seriously well-written and acted stuff.
FTFY
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I have seen most of Unforgotten and it is good. As is "Line of Duty" from about 6-8 years ago; it is on Hulu.

Gob

Post by Gob »

New series of "Line Of Duty" is in the can I believe, fourth series of "Unforgotten" is now showing.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

A couple more from Netflix, may or may not be available in your area.

"London detectives investigating the seemingly random murder of a pizza delivery man uncover a convoluted case of interlocking circumstances amid a cross-section of British society."
Enjoyable. A little predicable, and PC, but worth a watch. Has the actress who plays the lead cop in "Unforgotten", playing a lesbian vicar, versatile lass.

A noir crime drama set in Aberystwyth, Wales, where troubled DCI Tom Mathias solves murders while searching for redemption.
Halfway through this. Not sure yet if it's good, or nearly good. Set not far from where I grew up.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I liked Hinterland.

As for actors in English shows, it seems like there are about 20-25 tv actors total, so you keep seeing the same people over and over. Probably why the streaming services added the "where do I know that actor from" feature.

Gob

Post by Gob »

I love playing; "Ooh, wasn't he that bloke in the car, the one who shot the prostitute, in that thing we watched ten years ago? "

One that got me was in "Collateral"; I remember this guy;

As "Patrick" from "Coupling";

Gob

Post by Gob »

Just started watching "The Fall", anyone seen it? Thoughts?

No spoliers please.

Gillian Anderson is still well fit isn't she?

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

If you didn't see Counterpoint on Starz (I didn't) it's now available on Amazon. Four episodes in and so far really good. Kind of Philip K. Dick meets John LeCarre.
GAH!

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:00 pm

If you didn't see Counterpoint on Starz (I didn't) it's now available on Amazon. Four episodes in and so far really good. Kind of Philip K. Dick meets John LeCarre.
I started watching it, but got off cycle with it and never went back. I really enjoyed it and, honestly, I'd probably watch J.K. Simons sit in a Starbucks and drink coffee if it was on. I enjoy him as an actor.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I can also recommend the Icelandic police drama, Trapped, streaming on Netflix. Really well done and a window into a culture we don't see much of here in the lower latitudes.
GAH!

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:22 am
Just started watching "The Fall", anyone seen it? Thoughts?

No spoliers please.

Gillian Anderson is still well fit isn't she?
It is good. And yes, she still looks great. Just saw her in the Hannibal tv series which is on Netflix; also doing a great role (originally aired 2013-15).

Gob

Post by Gob »

I'll check that out!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Another couple I've enjoyed recently;

Gob

Post by Gob »

Series final, (possibly last ever,) episode of Line of Duty last night., Not as great as I hoped for, but there you go.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I watched all the Harrow episodes available. *****SPOILER ALERT***** It seems Harrow is on his way to being a serial killer.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 am
Series final, (possibly last ever,) episode of Line of Duty last night., Not as great as I hoped for, but there you go.
I think we'll be waiting a bit for it show up on our menu. Guess they don't like to make money off of the American market.

liberty

Post by liberty »

“Professor T” anyone?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.