For those worried that Netflix isn't gay enough

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Scooter

For those worried that Netflix isn't gay enough

Post by Scooter »

Q Force Is Coming to Netflix to Save the World Like Only Gays Can

There’s a new team of spies saving the world, and they are fabulous!

Today, Netflix unveiled the first preview and announced the cast for the new adult animated comedy Q-Force, coming to the streamer this fall. The show follows a group of queer spies as they save the world, one Pride parade at a time.

The preview is filled with comedy, action, and plenty of pure and beautiful homosexuality. This looks like it could be the queer adult cartoon we’ve been waiting for!

According to a Netflix release, the series follows Steve Maryweather, a.k.a. Agent Mary, who was “once the Golden Boy of the American Intelligence Agency (AIA), until he came out as gay” and was reassigned to West Hollywood and put on the back burner.

But instead of resting on his laurels, Mary forms the Q-Force, and “after a decade of waiting for their first official mission from The AIA, Mary becomes hell-bent on proving himself to the Agency that turned its back on him, and decides to go rogue with Q-Force.”

“After finding their own case, and solving it on their own terms, they get the reluctant approval of The AIA, and are officially upgraded to Active Secret Agents in the field. But, that approval comes with one major caveat — they must put up with a new member of the squad: straight guy Agent Buck.”

Agent Mary is being played by Will & Grace star Sean Hayes, who will be joined in the cast by Gary Cole, as the straight and stiff head of the AIA, Director Dirk Chunley, David Harbour as Agent Rick Buck, the long-time rival of Agent Mary who is assigned to keep Q-Force in check, and Laurie Metcalf as V, the AIA’s Deputy Director.

The rest of the Q-Force consists of Stat, voiced by Patti Harrison, who is a brilliant hacker with secrets of her own, Twink, voiced by Matt Rogers, described as “a drag queen master of disguises — the fun loving, full of energy genius with a side of drama and daddy issues,” and Wanda Sykes as Deb, an expert mechanic and gadget guru who spends her extreme time with her wife and 16 trauma rescue pitties.

Gabe Liedman (Pen15, Broad City) created the show and serves as executive producer, and will also be voicing Benji, Agent Mary’s "sweet and charming" love interest.

Q-Force premieres September 2 on Netflix. Watch the trailer below!
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Re: For those worried that Netflix isn't gay enough

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I wasn't worried. But thanks for the warning. :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Q force? Sounds trumpian to me.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Bite your tongue.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

. . . Gary Cole, as the straight and stiff head of the AIA . . .
So that's all right then.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Q force? Sounds trumpian to me.
I actually get a warm feeling thinking about some nut case GOQ moron seeing “Q Force!” advertised, gathering their friends to watch this new adventure of their lord and master DJT only to find gay spies.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

...and when I heard about it, I thought it was going to be all about this guy —

— and was just the latest addition to the "Star Trek" franchise.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Looks a hoot!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Hmmm, hard pass. I dumped Netflix an eon ago and this is not tempting me to add it again.