The Simple Minded and the Uninformed....

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Joe Guy

The Simple Minded and the Uninformed....

Post by Joe Guy »

This is a good song. I also posted a live version of it because it shows how John Mellencamp is such a cool guy that h can light up a cigarette before singing...

Burning Petard

Re: The Simple Minded and the Uninformed....

Post by Burning Petard »

I can go along with everything in this song--IF there are more verses that get into the other parts of Deuteronomy 10:12

"When you stumble over the truth, you are not supposed to get up, dust yourself off, and walk on as if nothing has happened."

snailgate

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Joe Guy wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:56 am
This is a good song. I also posted a live version of it because it shows how John Mellencamp is such a cool guy that h can light up a cigarette before singing...
Yes, it is a good song. The cigarette must be his secret weapon to put the rasp in his voice. Spreading his second hand smoke and effectively popularizing a cancerous habit seem to belie the point he is trying to make though. He better watch or he could be demoted to Cougar again.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Long Run wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:17 pm
Yes, it is a good song. The cigarette must be his secret weapon to put the rasp in his voice. Spreading his second hand smoke and effectively popularizing a cancerous habit seem to belie the point he is trying to make though. He better watch or he could be demoted to Cougar again.
And being that John Cougar is listed at 5'8" (but looks shorter to me), he can't really walk very tall either. Not to mention he was sitting down when he began singing.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

GAH!