It's raining them!

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Gob

It's raining them!

Post by Gob »

For the first time in history, it's going to stop raining men...

The Weather Girls' 1982 disco hit has been given a woke makeover to use 'more inclusive' pronouns.

With the blessing of the song's writer, Paul Shaffer, it has been updated to change 'men' to 'them'.

The rewrite, released to mark World Pride month, aims to make everyone feel included and to celebrate non-binary and transgender artists.

It means the chorus to the karaoke favourite will become: 'It's raining them! Hallelujah! It's raining them! Amen!'

And the classic lines 'Tall, blonde, dark and lean/ Rough and tough and strong and mean' have been replaced with 'Cool, bold, strong and keen/Proud and loud and here and seen'. The reference to 'mother nature' being a 'single woman' has been changed to 'they're a single person'.

The line 'So that each and every woman could find her perfect guy' will be sung 'So that each and every person could find their perfect type'.

More
Nota patch on the original. (And that person is scary.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: It's raining them!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Never thought I'd say this, but at almost 67 years of age, I'm starting to feel glad that based on the average life expectancy of males in my family, I'll probably be checking out of this Bizarro world within another ten to fifteen years....   unless God decides to let me live longer than that as punishment for some long-forgotten sin I committed way back in the distant past.

The rest of you — you can have it, and you're welcome to it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What utter bilge

(Not yours, BB)
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I agree; it certainly doesn't make the "song" any better.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

So a bunch of old white guys with absolutely zero connection to the original song, and who would have never given it a second thought, are now suddenly decrying its revision.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:43 pm
So a bunch of old white guys with absolutely zero connection to the original song, and who would have never given it a second thought, are now suddenly decrying its revision.
Utter bullshit. It was a big disco hit, (UK No.2,) back in the days when I went to discos.

Sorry people, only black transvestites/transsexuals are allowed opinions on this macabre fuck up, obviously.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And arse-bandits (the clear and obvious arbiters of good taste)
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:15 pm
And arse-bandits (the clear and obvious arbiters of good taste)
Are you for real?!?! :roll:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's raining phlegm!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Oh. Not THEM...maybe them?

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Econoline wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:53 pm
I adore this movie and other classically bad movies of a similar quality.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It reminds me of an old Elvis song that needs to be rewritten:

Love Me Transgender

Love transgender
Love a queer
Take them as they go

That man who looks incomplete
Might be a lesbo

Non-binary
Gender fluid
Not quite me or you

Non-conforming gender types
Doing what they do

Pick a sex out
For yourself
It's your right to do

Then you'll be a happy thing
Knowing what to screw

thank they very much....thank they...

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:

On a more serious note, when did people start believing that belonging to one or other minority groups, not only gave them the final say in who can or cannot have an opinion on something, but that their taste was absolute? Not only that but some seem to think that their belief is the ultimate, law even.

"De gustibus non disputandem est."

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

WTF is this a big deal? They changed the lyrics on thier own version of a song grab the pitchforks! Weird Al’s days are numbered.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Crackpot wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:03 am
WTF is this a big deal? They changed the lyrics on thier own version of a song grab the pitchforks!
The big deal is that, apparently "a bunch of old white guys with absolutely zero connection to the original song, and who would have never given it a second thought, are now suddenly decrying its revision," according to our resident mind-reading, omnipotent.

It came up in my FB feed, I thought I'd share. I don't like it, and find the performer a bit weird. But apparently I need to have different coloured skin, be younger, and have "a connection"[1]* to the song, before my thoughts on it have validity.

[1] Apart from dancing to it[2], and rather liking, it as it's a good piece of disco[3], what "connection" is necessary before you can have an opinion?

[2] usually pissed or E'd off my face, while desperately trying to pull some totty. [4]

[3]A very rare beast.

[4] them were the days.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Still a bunch of silliness on all sides.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sure, but that's what we come here for. :-D

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Tis the season to be silly