The Investigation (Efterforskningen)

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
BoSoxGal

The Investigation (Efterforskningen)

Post by BoSoxGal »

I just watched this HBO original miniseries yesterday, and it was terrific - one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long while.

It is a subtitled Danish production that chronicles the investigation of the murder of Kim Wall, a Swedish journalist who was killed by an amateur submariner she had gone to interview on his sub - the case happened in 2017.

The series is brilliant in that is focuses entirely on the police and others involved in investigating her death, and also on her parents - the killer is never named, nor does he appear in the series as a character. The killing itself is not depicted, the focus is all on the investigation after she is reported missing.

It really is just terrifically good so if this kind of thing is up your alley, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Re: The Investigation (Efterforskningen)

Post by Scooter »

Looks good. I recognize Søren Malling and Pilou Asbæk from Borgen, another Danish series that I recommended here a while back.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Re: The Investigation (Efterforskningen)

Post by BoSoxGal »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:59 pm
Looks good. I recognize Søren Malling and Pilou Asbæk from Borgen, another Danish series that I recommended here a while back.
I will put that one on my list, sounds right up my alley! Also noteworthy, The Investigation is from the same writer of Borgen, Tobias Lindholm.

I’ve actually been watching a fair amount of Nordic/Scandi noir in recent years and I love it, love it, love it. One of the real upsides of the advent of streaming videos is this access to productions from all over the world and while I’ve found stuff I like from other regions, I really think the Scandinavian countries put out some of the best written, acted and directed productions being made today - at least in the genre of noir/crime stuff, I can’t say I’ve ever watched any comedy from there. Borgen will be my first not crime/noir experience.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan